Week two of Zakka Along 2.0 of Patchwork Please is Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Towels.
Another fun project, but it took me way longer than I wanted to spend on one project.
I used Essex yarn dyed linen/cotton in flax and a small red and white stripe from Simply Sweet by Barbara Jones of QuiltSoup for Henry Glass for the binding. The applique was all done out of scraps. I see some of the light yellow and green don't show up well in the bright sun.
I used fusible raw edge for the applique and zig zagged with invisible thread.
They will be a great gift and I'll make more if I can figure out how to get faster at the zig zag and tying off the threads on the back.
Next week's project is a tea cozy and the week after a teabag pouch so I think I'll skip both of those as I don't have anyone that I know that would use them.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 readers left a comment:
I love your stripey binding! Very cute!
I agree, this project took a while. The zig-zagging was very tedious, to me, and I would only do a couple letters at a time. So, I ended up working on my towels off and on all week long :( There was no way I was going to take the time to do the tying off of threads, I just did a couple backstitches and am hoping that holds. I'm keeping them for myself, so if they're not perfect, it's okay.
They look gorgeous but I agree after making 3 that they took a long time - world's most expensive tea towels!
Looks great Mary
Very fun tea towels - bright and cheerful.
Cute and fun!
Cheery wave from
Bev
Super cute Mary!
Cute! in my house I couldn't display....my dh would use them for sure.
Just lovely - worth the time spent!
Hugs - Lurline.
Just lovely - worth the time spent!
Hugs - Lurline.
Cute and oh so clever! I love the binding also... double cuteness!
Mary, those are just wonderful! so bright and happy, thanks for the inspiration!
They are awfully cute so well worth the time they took.
These look great. It is almost a shame to use them. I think they look great hanging up on display.
Looks great, Mary. I have skipped so far, due to my illness and because I wouldn't use things. Trying to decide on the tea cozy. There are some other things in later months I want to try!
super cute!
Post a Comment