Tutorials

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Tilly Giveaway and my exciting news!

I'm celebrating and that calls for a giveaway!!!
First, the giveaway info:
Last fall I did some sewing for
using her new line of organic called Tilly:
Isn't it pretty?
Well, Jan gave me a bundle of eight fat quarters of the entire Tilly collection to give to one of my readers!!
Your bundle is all packaged up like this by Jan:
Leave a comment telling me which of your siblings (or cousins or ?) is your best friend and why!
I will leave the comments open until March 20th - the first day of spring and draw a name when I get to it that day. Make sure I have a way to contact you.
***********
And now for my exciting news I'm celebrating:
Audrey is going to be a BIG SISTER and I'm going to be GRANDMA again!
I am thrilled!

Comments Closed!!

190 readers left a comment:

Darlene B said...

I can't say which of my siblings is my favorite - they are all wonderful! I do have a favorite brother (since I have just one), but I have 2 wonderful sisters AND a sister-in-law. I also have a cousin that quilts, so that makes her pretty special, too. Congrats on being a grandma again!

Anonymous said...

I only have one sibling and he's a pretty good egg, but my best friend is my husband. He supports me (and some of my hairbrained ideas), loves me unconditionally (which isn't always easy), and wants nothing more than for me to be happy. I would be lost without him.

Congrats on being a grandma again. I'm still waiting.

Sandy said...

My 2 sisters are very special. Each unique in separate ways but we are always there for each other. There is no way I could chose between the two.

Sinta Renee said...

Awh, how lucky are you that you got to do some special sewing with that wonderful fabric! My older sister and I are best friends. She was like a mom to me... and it's just so nice to have someone who shares your history. Thanks for the giveaway Mary!

Rachel said...

Congrats on becoming a Grandma again! That is awesome! Hmmm, I would have to say my Sister In Law, because we "get" each other. She is also a quilter...LOL

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congrats on the new babe to be! I would actually have to pick a -by-marriage sibling - my SIL and I are very close. Same age, birthdays are close, look more alike than my sisters, like a lot of the same things, decor the same, and now that she has started quilting/sewing, a lot of the same taste in fabrics/colors.

JustPam said...

congrats on being a grandma again. I have 8 and I don't expect any more. Kind of sad. My husband is my best friend.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congratulations on being a grandma again!!!
My older sister is my best friend because we make each other laugh!:o) Thanks for the chance.
~Terry~

Trudi said...

Congratulations on the Babe in waiting! I only have the one brother, and he's been in France for years, my best friend has to be my partner :)

Irina said...

Congratulations!!!!
She'll be a great big sister!
I love all of my siblings and I think I couldn't be able to choose only one.. it has to be the whole pack! 2 brothers and one sister...

Dawn said...

My sister is my best friend. We support each other as we deal with my aging mother.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!!!

Gosh...with two brothers and a sister I dare not say who I favor!!

Meredith said...

I have three sisters - 3!!! It is hard to pick just one - impossible really! Congratulations to you!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mary! VERY exciting news!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Congratulations Grandma! No favors here.

audrey said...

Congrats!!!

I have 4 sisters so it's hard to pick just one. I'm pretty close to 2 of them, we all get along really well, as well as our little brother. I love them all equally, to pick just one is unfair, they're all pretty rockin' awesome.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Somo sem oito,como escolher um?...Talvez minha irmã CLÉRIA,por ser a mais velha ela é meio que mãe de todos nós,sempre preocupada com todos,telefona mais,visita mais,e faz isso com todos.Parabéns vovó de novo! Eu também serei de novo em abril agora uma menina,eu já tenho Tobias,agora vem Maria Rita.Obrigada por tudo que você faz no seu blog,é ótimo.Beijos.

Kasey said...

I only have one sibling- so I guess my older brother wins by default. He loves the fact that we're "Irish twins" since our birthdays are super close together, even though that meant until he was in high school I could out-muscle him in any spat!

Betsy said...

Congratulations Mary. I am close to my sister. She too is a stitcher, Thanks for the chance.

Susan said...

Congratulations!!!!

I am a big sister to a brother and a sister and I wouldn't dare say that I had a favorite...I love them both!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh yay! Congrats on a new grandbaby!
I would say I'm best friends with both my sisters. I'm the middle child and I have very different relationships with each of them.

beth said...

Congratulations Grandma!
I have two wonderful cousins that seem like sisters. ;)

Kathryn said...

My brother is my best male friend (except for my husband) and my sister is the best girlfriend. Luckily I only have one of each. Kathie L in Allentown

Cathy said...

This is very tough. I have six amazing sisters and three equally amazing brothers. Only one sister shares my love of quilting - her name is Bridget. So she is my best quilting buddy who is a sibling.

Gill said...

I have 5 siblings so I couldn't possibly choose!! but I do have a favourite cousin - the only son of my favourite uncle!!

♥Duff said...

I just love the way babies smell--I think that's what heaven must smell like! Lucky you!!
My younger sis and I are best friends because we admire and respect traits in the other that we wish we had; couple that with our very quick- witty- Irish mouthiness and there's a party wherever we go!

Diane H said...

Have to say both brothers and my sister and I are all very close.
Congratuations on having to make another baby quilt.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS GRANDMA!
SWEET FABRICS+A SWEET GIVEAWAY!
THANKS SO FOR SHARING!

LJ said...

I love all the prints in the Tilly collection though the red print and the orange are my favorites. My best friend is my sister - I think it's because we were close in age and fought something awful when we were young!! lol

Sally said...

I have three brothers...no sisters. I would say that I love all of my brothers equally.

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family... how exciting!

My sister Carol is a wonderful person, fun to be around, and rock in difficult times. I don't know what I'd do without her...

Sherryl said...

Oh I KNOW it's awful to have a favorite... I have three brothers and one sister. The boys are cool, but my sister is my very best friend in the whole world! She's 10 years younger and I played surrogate mother to her during much of her growing up years. And now she's giving ME advice. I love it!
- sunshdws at yahoo dot com

Laura said...

No siblings, not close to my cousins. My mother is my best friend. Love the fabric! Thanks!

Chris said...

My sister is my best friend. She is 2 years younger than me and lives the other end of the country but we talk on the phone every day
Love her to bits
Chris x

Gene Black said...

My brother and I are best friends because he and I share duties taking care of mom

Sarah W said...

Well, I talk to my brother once a year and I talk to my sister once a week. Good that one relationship turned out!

Melinda said...

My little sister. Well, my younger sister. She's 6 feet tall and I'm 5'5" so I try to remember to call her younger! She's my only sibling but we have become great friends over the years.

Delores said...

Hard to pick a favourite..... I have only one brother, so he's my favourite brother and I have two sisters, one quilts and one lives close to me, so they're favourites in two different ways.

Love to win!!

Winona said...

Congratulations! Nothing like being a grandma. Hmmm, I have 3 brothers, two of them twins. Nope, not gonna say I would choose one over the others. LOL I am closer to Ron, but that might be because he lives closer and I see him more. I always wanted a sister. Didn't get one, but now I have 3 sisters-in-law. I also have 3 daughters. So I am quite content.

Anonymous said...

My best friend has known me since I was a baby. Her Mom was my first Sunday School teacher and she has always been there for me no matter what. She tells me I complete her and it goes the other way too. Thanks for having the give away. Congratulations on the new grandbaby that is on the way.

Daisy
Daisy@jrcamerica.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great giveaway! Boy, it is hard to say which is my favorite sibling...we are all close and I even have one brother living next to me and another 3 houses away....during the summer I have another brother living on the other side of me.....

Gloria said...

Lovely fabric line.

I'm not close to any of my siblings but I have known my best friend for 45 years! She is the person I could call any time of the day or night if I needed help.
And I would do the same for her.

Willa said...

Sister. Hands down. We are in it together in seeing that our 94 year old mom is well taken care of. It has been a full time job since she was run over when she was a mere 89, Two weeks ago she fell and broke her hip.

She has 3 children. 2 are there for her.

Willa said...

Sister. Hands down. We are in it together in seeing that our 94 year old mom is well taken care of. It has been a full time job since she was run over when she was a mere 89, Two weeks ago she fell and broke her hip.

She has 3 children. 2 are there for her.

Lisa England said...

I am closest with my middle sister. Mostly because we are enough alike that we understand each other.

Rebeckah Austin said...

I would have to say my 2nd youngest sister Vickie is my favorite. She is just so drama free and always wants to help out.

charlotte said...

Congratulations Grandma! My sister and I have reconnected in the last few years and I am loving that. But I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters so I can't play favorites.

Jenny said...

congratulations mary! what wonderful news! my little sister and i are besties. i have 3 sisters and we are all close, but my little sister and i are closer in age, have kids the same age, watch eachothers kids while we work...and we are both crafty! lots more reasons im sure...but those are a few.

Manda said...

Aw wow congrats! That is exciting news!
Me and my younger sister are best friends, we weren't when we were younger but now we are always there for each other. :)

Wivi said...

My little sister is my best friend but she lives in another town so we don't come together so often as we want to. She also likes patchwork and we sew when we visit each other.

Sheri Howard said...

congrats on your new baby....and I LOVE THOSE BOOTS!!!

Samantha said...

Congratulations to you and your family! What exciting news!

My brother Wayne and I are 13 months apart (I'm the oldest, he's the next) and we have always been the closest. We were inseperable growing up and now, even though we don't see each other much or even talk on the phone that often (he's not a phone kinda guy) as soon as we are together again it is like we've not even been apart. He was my first "best friend" and he's the one I've had the longest. :)

Ella said...

Congrats! I only have one brother, but I love him lots. We're very close in age, so we played and talked together a lot growing up.

barbara woods said...

my brother and my sister are my favorites

Teri said...

Congrats on being a Grandma again. That is exciting news. I would say I am closest with my oldest sister (13 years between us). Growing up she was sort of like a mother to me and a grandmother to my children

Julia said...

Great news..Congrats on becoming a Grandma again!
Well, I was an only child, and my cousins all lived too far for me to get to know them,
I have a dear friend of over 50+ years, she is like my sister, we can talk about "anything", she is always there for me and me for her..kindred spirits!

Carrie P. said...

OH, how exciting Audrey will be a big sister. Congrats to you all!
I have a younger brother and sister but I wouldn't call them my best friends. My husband is my BFF.

Jenelle said...

Congratulations! I have two siblings, an older sister and a younger brother. While I love both of them to death and really enjoy getting to spend time with my little brother when I can, my sister is really my best friend. We didn't grow up being very close, but as we became adults, got married, and moved closer to each other we became much more connected. Thanks for the chance to win!

Maria Filomena said...

Eu tenho somente um irmão, mas sinto que é especial....
por isso não preciso de mais...

abraços de Maria Filomena

peralva57@gmail.com

Marcia W. said...

My sister because she listens well, doesn't judge, and loves me despite my flaws... and she is both wise and smart.
Congratulations on your expected grandbaby!
Tilly is gorgeous so thanks to you and Jan for this opportunity to win.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Mary that is wonderful news...I'm so happy for all of you.

I would have to say my favorite relative is my sister Tracy. She always has my back and laughs at my silliness...I love her to the moon and back.

Smiles,
Kelly

B Greene said...

All my sibs are wonderful, but I hold my dear sister, Mary, most precious right now. She is bravely battling the worst and most aggressive form of brain cancer with faith and grace. She will have a second neurosurgery this Saturday (laser ablation this time) to try to slow that tumor down a bit. She is a rock and an inspiration and I appreciate the opportunity to tell you a little about her :-)

Congratulations on your wonderful news - babies are simply the best thing ever!!!

BendingPins.com said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

I'm not super close with my family, I'm the middle child, my brother is 12 months, 4 days older and my sister is 7 years younger and we haven't lived near each other for over 25 years. I wish my sister and I were closer, we do love each other but she has a young family and I'm now an empty nester.

Thanks for the opportunity to win THE ENTIRE LINE of Tilly! Holy cow!!

ThreadCatcher said...

Best friend has to be my husband. He is the absolute best thing that has happened in my life. We just celebrated our 28th anniversary; I would marry him again in an instant. Thanks for the chance at your marvelous giveaway.

Terry said...

Congratulations on the soon to be new grandbaby! My brother and I weren't close until we grew up and moved out. He's the only sibling I have.

Anya said...

Congrats! No siblings for me, but I have a couple of wonderful female cousins. Thanks for the chance!

Janet said...

Oh how very exciting, another grandchild on the way, congratulations!! I love the giveaway so I'll play and say that I'm very close to my older sister, we're only 18 months apart but we share the same morals and spiritual beliefs and support each other through thick and thin.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

I am an only child, so I can't really play this game!

Julie said...

My sister - cos she lives in another country from me. We do craft swaps, chocolate swaps and lots of emails and phonecalls. Would love to win this and share it with her.


julielou41@gmail.com

hueisei said...

I'm closed with my sister because I have only one sister and my brothers don't bother me so much. We are close friend and shopping together, I can't inspire her to quilt or sew since she think it's boring. So, I making lots of sewing stuffs for her. I hope she will tempted with it. Thanks!

Leslie said...

My little sister who is 6 years younger than me is my best friend. Little did I know that the annoying child who got into my stuff all the time and never picked up her stuff, would become so dear to me. It was our mother's passing that really brought us together as adult sisters who cherish and love each other. She is a 7 year breast cancer survivor. I love you Cindy!

Jennifer said...

my cousin is 6 weeks older than me, though we lived over an hour away and didn't talk during the week, when we'd get together on weekends we would have the same new haircut, or bought the same dress, etc, etc. it was spooky!

Charlene S said...

My baby brother is/was my best friend but four years ago he died in a motorcycle accident. Now my eldest daughter is my best friend.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news! :-)
My best friend is my DH. I have 2 brothers and we are close too, but DH knows me the best. ;-)
Thanks for the fun giveaway! I'd love to see what you sewed for Jan too.

heartsease54 said...

Congratulations! I just couldn't choose. I have 3 sisters living and 1 little brother, although I'm probably closer to Deb when it comes to memories (step-sisters one month & 11 days difference in age), and closer to Cheri' now because she lives closer & I see her more often.

pinsandneedles said...

I come from a large family and really couldn't pick a favorite. They all have traits that I admire. Congratulations on your news and thanks for a generous giveaway!

nlcalendar said...

I'm probably closest with my sister. I have 7 brothers and only 1 sister, so guess that's a no brainer. However, it wasn't until she was 25 that we became close. We don't see each that often as she lives in another city, but thank goodness for email, facebook and twitter.

Diane said...

Congrats! As far as which is my fav.. I only have one sibling so I guess she gets the call.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Congratulation Mary! Another grandchild, how exciting! My older sister is my favorite. She is nine years older than me and we have always seemed to be on the same wave length. Things I value are the same things she values. Thanks for the chance on your great giveaway.

Sharon said...

Congratulations! I have seven grand-kids and they are just the best, ranging in age from 13 to 4. I am closest to my sister. We have three brothers but we share a love of fabric and quilting/sewing. She actually does my long-arming for me and she is super!!

Lynn Koeppen said...

I have to say my husband is my best friend. We share everything, except my fabric and sewing machine! LOL

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah!!! Congratulations. I hope mommy is feeling okay.

My sister is probably the closest to me. We literally hated each other growing up, but we are best of friends now - as are our husbands.

Mama Pea said...

thanks for the nice giveaway! That is so awesome that Audrey is going to be a big sister! She is so adorable. Of course my sister is my best friend. I have a pretty awesome brother, too, so it's hard to pick just one. But I think my sis is closer.

Barb said...

I have an amazing older sister, her name is Jeanette. We have recently in the last 4 years become really close to where we talk almost every night on yahoo messenger. She lives with pain almost every day of her life with RA, she works a full time job, she has a garden, cans, quilts, and has seven children and about 20 grandchildren. She has time for each of them when they come to her home, she cooks full meals for them and I do know they all enjoy coming to her home to visit. She is one amazing gal and I am fortunate to have such a sister that hopefully, love me unconditionally.

Darlene said...

My favorite relative is my daughter - she knows me and my heart.

What a delicious giveaway - beautiful fat quarters.

Congratulations, congratulations another grandchild is so exciting. WooHoo for you and yours!

JJ said...

I love all my sisters but I have one that I am closest to. She left a comment and really talked me up. I think she is my biggest fan and it makes me happy. She has a heart of gold.

Anonymous said...

I have six brothers and sisters and my favourite is my oldest sister, she always looks at everything in a positive way no matter what.

She is 11 years older than me and I love her dearly

Anonymous said...

woohoo on become a grandma again, I have three little grand daughters now, all the best

Anonymous said...

woohoo on become a grandma again, I have three little grand daughters now, all the best

Patty said...

Congratulations on being a grandma again! Aren't they the best little people in your life? My friend is someone who I quilt with. Most of my family lives too far away so she is my "adopted sister".

Deb said...

Hi Mary! My only sister would be my friend, and my cousin Brenda who grew up with us both would be a close friend, too. Congrats on being a grandma again! What a wonderful bundle of fabric to win!

ritainalaska said...

my baby sis is my bestest sib! she's looked out for me since i was widowed so long ago, held my hand when i had two cancer ops and props me up when i have post-polio slumps. best of all, she got me started quilting!
congrats on the new grandbaby! they're the sweetest!

Sherri said...

Oh, I remember the market sewing you did with this fabric...it's a beautiful line!

My younger brother and I are very close...it's been hard with him and his family living in China for the past 4 years...but he'll be home for the summer, and we'll meet up at my Mom's!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Congrats, Mary! As you know, being a grandma is about the best thing in the world!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That's wonderful news. As for my favorite - well, I'm not making that public! But after 20 years of living all over the world, we're finally retiring and moving back home and I'm so excited to spend more time than just holidays with all those cousins and siblings.

Sunnybec said...

My best friend isn't a sibling or cousin but she is related..she is my sister-in-law, my hubby's sister. She is the sister I never had. We shop till we drop, laugh together and cry together, we think the same and feel the same...I am very blessed to have her for my sister. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Mom gave me 6 younger brothers-no sisters. When we were little, Dave was my best buddy-maybe because we were closest in age. Then along came Chris who is 10 yrs my junior, and I just loved him to pieces for years. Then we all moved off to far off places. Now, my brother Tom is my closest friend. Life experiences and our love for Jesus have a lot to do with our connection.

QuiltSue said...

Congratulations on your exciting news.

I love the fabric, but since I am from a small family, and only have one sister, and no cousins, I can't really choose who is my favourite.

Sewcando said...

Congrats on being a grandma again. How exciting. I'm probably closest to my older sis who is one heck of a special lady.

Karen said...

I have 3 sisters and I am great friends with all of them; I would have to say my second sister is closest to me as we holiday with her and her family twice every year; all 12 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids each! Good times.
Karen

Kathy P said...

I have 3 brothers and I love them all equally. I know each of them are there for me, should I ever need anything. You're asking me to pick a favorite? I would if I could...

Debi said...

I am the oldest of five! My favorite is my brother Steve who is 18 months younger than me...and unfortunately has been missing for five years.

Debi said...

Forgot to say congrats on becoming a grandmother again...I am loving baby Reed and spoiling him as well.

dianne said...

my best friend is my IRL sister ... but my Person is my youngest daughter, Melissa (aka Auntia) ... my little LuLu is gonna be a big sister in july - Super Man will be grandbaby number seven - isn't being a grandmother the best?!?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations Mary!!! And to Miss Audrey. She is going to be the best big sister! My BFF (outside the family) is someone that I grew up with. We met when we were 4 years old and while we had a few years where we lost touch, we've been BFFs for the last 20 years. My BFF in the family is my cousin. She and I have been buddy-buddy for as long as I can remember. Now our kids are friends. :) We hope to carry on the tradition with them.

Unknown said...

yeah about adding to your clan. I don't have any sisters but my cousin Genevieve is the next best thing, she gives me her hand me down clothes.
jenn.barclay at gmail dot com

Doris said...

Yeah for Audrey! (and Grandma!)

MY nickname as a kid was Tilly... might need some of that fabric.

Christie describeHappy said...

My best friend would be my baby brother. Only a few years younger than me, so we spent a lot of time together and really shared some great times. He got married last year and that has changed things a bit, but I couldn't be happier for him. And congrats to you on being Grandma again.. so awesome!

Deb said...

Congrats on being a grandma again, nothing better. As far as sibling, I only have one brother and we're not close. None of my cousins have ever lived close enough for me to be close with them either!

quiltercaroline said...

Hi Congratulations on being a Grandma again - I am expecting my second niece or nephew soon babys are wonderful aren't they. As to my favourite sibling or cousin - I can't really say it is a hard choice as there is only one person fitting that description - my brother! Only one brother and no cousins! C

Denise in PA said...

Congrats! Well, I only have one sibling, so I guess he'd be my best friend in that category. But, my husband is definitely my best friend. o:) Those fabrics are fabulous!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

My sister is my best friend. We have 2 older brothers who live in other parts of the country so it's nice to have a friend and confidant so close.

Teresa F. said...

Congratulations! I know it might sound repetitive but my favorite sibling has to be my DH. He's my best friend of all times.

robin said...

I have one sister, and she's my best friend out of siblings/cousins. :)

sandra said...

I was an only child and all my cousins were so much younger then me so I have to say my best friend of 45 years is my nursing buddie. We trained together and were roomates and although she has lived far away for years she is my best friend.
Congratulations on another grandchild,grandchildren are beautiful.

carol said...

Nice giveaway. Siblings. Got to love them. Many special memories ... Special times with my brother and sister growing up. Living far away it is easy to lose that special connectiveness.

carol said...

Nice giveaway. Siblings. Got to love them. Many special memories ... Special times with my brother and sister growing up. Living far away it is easy to lose that special connectiveness.

Char said...

I have two wonderful sisters and we are very close, I couldn't choose just one. Congratulations on the new grand.

Ramona said...

I have one brother but his wife has become a great friend of mine. She is wonderful to bounce ideas off of. Gorgeous fabric and congrats on being a grandma again!

Diane Bohn said...

Beautiful fabric! My sister is my best friend! We fought all growing up, but since HS we are the best of friends! We call each other all the time, and sometimes just sit on the phone while we are each doing other things! lol. No one can get us laughing like we do. I don't know why... it's just how it is! :)

Miss Beau Jangles said...

Congratulations on the news! No cousin or sibling best friends for me, I'm from quite a small family and we're quite far apart geographically. But my mum is my best friend, does that count?

leanne said...

congratulations - a new baby is always exciting news ! my cousin susan is my best friend and she is going to be a grandma again too :) we grew up together and then my family moved to the other side of australia but a few years can go by and when we catch up it was like I just saw her yesterday - always love that feeling with friends :) and thanks for the fabulous tilly fabric giveaway !

Leo said...

Glückwünsche! (I didn't want to start with the same word as everyone else - but it means the same) Thanks for letting us take part in the celebrations - especially as we get the gift. Thanks for the chance!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!

My sister is definitely the one I get along the best in my family. We are 18 months apart (she the youngest) and we went through so many things together... I just love her so much :)

Thanks for this giveaway ! I've been eyeing this line for quite some time now.. would be nice to win hehe :)

Joan and Kevin said...

My sister because she is always there when I need her. Thanks for the giveaway!

Unknown said...

My sister laurel!

Anonymous said...

I'm not all that close with my siblings or my cousins - siblings and I are very different people with busy lives, and the cousins live all the way across the country. Fortunately for me, I have friends who are as close as cousins, even siblings.

Helen @vintageglorybox on Insta and FB said...

My only brother is my favourite, closely followed by my sister-in-laws! Congratulations on your new bubba :)

works4me said...

Congratulations. That's wonderful news.

Unfortunately, none of my family members are my best bud. My husband, however, is DEFINITELY my best friend. He is there for everything, good and bad, just like the vows said. :)

mjb said...

My sister and I are 6 years apart and never had much in common growing up, but now we're expecting babies 2 weeks apart!

pinkbrain said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!
My one and only sister Cathy. She's always taking care of me like a typical big sister.

Sharon said...

It is easy to pick my favorite sibling (sister) as I only have the one:)

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Congrats!!! I have to say all my siblings and I are close and each of them in unique ways. We each have our special bonds and I love that. I am the oldest (by a great number of years) and I love that I have a special relationship with each of them. Thanks for a great giveaway.

Anonymous said...

My sister and I are close friends. We both sew and quilt and have kids and like to laugh.

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

That is so hard, my husband, kids and of course my Mon are all among my best friends ever. I am so happy for you having another grandchild. Audrey playing in the water looks like so much fun, especially with those adorable boots.
thank you for the giveaway!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Just dropping in to not enter but to say "What wonderful News"!!!

Shannon said...

No siblings here, and I haven't lived close to any cousins for 25 years. I am grateful for texting & facebook though. Even though we aren't really close, we are able to be a part of each other's life. Thank you for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I have six sisters, all older, and all have influenced me (and rescued, comforted, and/or chastised me) at various points. My oldest sister was probably the biggest influence on my career - she got me my first "real" job!

tessa(dot)ford(at)shaw(dot)ca

Margaret said...

I have 4 sisters and 4 brothers. We're all pretty close, but I'd have to say that I am closest to my sister #2. She is five years older and there are two sisters between us in age, but we get along great. Although that wasn't always the case...

Kleep said...

I have a cousin, she is a year older than I, and I would say that she is my favourite. She's fun and we grew up together. I have a big and wonderful family though!

Karen O said...

My cousin Rick is my favorite. He is the youngest, and he looks to me as an older sister and he is like a little brother. He made some poor choices in his 20's, but now that he is 36, his life is headed in the right direction. He just got a full time job for the first time in years.

Slowpoke said...

Congratulations Mary! Isn't being a Grandma THE best? Audrey will make a sweet Big Sister.
My cousin Mary is my favourite as she introduced me to the wonderful world that is quilting. Thanks for the giveaway. Hopefully yours, Luba

chris.luba@sympatico.ca

Lynne said...

What I love about my best friend is she loves to quilt too!
Thanks for the chance to win.

Donna @ Snowbound said...

My only sibling, mybrother is my best friend because we get along so well. We used to fight growing up but now we have a lot in common. Plus our kids are similar in age.

Deb said...

My cousin Mimi is my all time fav, she can always make lemonade out of lemons. I always wanted to be just like her and still do she is the smartest most funniest person I know.
Congrats on your being a Grandmother for the 2nd time round it is always nice to have a sibling to grow up with!
BTW I just love that fabric thanks so much for this opportunity to win

Pat from Florida said...

yeah Grandma again! Great news. Best friend. Sorry, not my sister or cousin. My husband. Does that count? I'd love to win.

RSHudson said...

I suppose my 9-years-younger sister. That used to be a HUGE age difference when we were kids but now that we're both grownups and mothers, it's not so much ;>) Thanks for chance to win (marshudson at comcast dot net)

Tammy said...

My only sister is my best friend! She and I are seven years apart. I'm older so when she came along I was able to be her little mother. We've been best friends every since! Thanks for the generous giveaway!

mojemakaze said...

My younger sister
mojemakaze@yahoo.com

Dianne Mitzel said...

I will have to say my daughter is my best friend. We share everything, especially our love of fabric,and crafting. I cherish the wonderful relationship we have, she has been there for my husband and me during our battles with cancer..what a rock she has been for us, and how much we appreciate her..

Rhonda D. said...

My only sister is my best friend.
She is 18 months younger than me.
When we were little, our mom would dress us alike, and everyone thought that we were twins. My sister is blind, and she is so
wonderful. There is not anything
that she can't do. She plays piano,
sings, swims and jumps off of a
diving board..I can't swim..she
has tried to teach me. I would
use this fabric to make something
for her. Thanks for the chance
to win!

LisaB said...

My brother is my best friend. He is one of the best people I know, smart, caring, funny, and always there to support me, no questions asked. I would be lost without him!

Krie said...

...my brother and my sister are great friends, they are both very funny and caring :). I am so blessed to have them!

Penny from S.C. said...

I love my sister and my brothers! Don't get to see them often as I'd like but we still get along just fine!

Becca said...

Hmmm...two of my third cousins are my dearest friends and have been since we were all very young...not sure what the connection is but it's strong!
myownpemberley at gmail dot com

Becca said...

Hmmm...two of my third cousins are my dearest friends and have been since we were all very young...not sure what the connection is but it's strong!
myownpemberley at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I only have one sister and I love her. She´s younger than me, so I am the big sister. We dont meet so often, cause she lives far away from me and I miss her.
Gun, Sweden

Heather A said...

I have three brothers - 2 older and one younger. My older brother who is closest in age to me (4 years older) is my pal. It wouldn't matter our ages, it's just that we share more commonalities than we do with my other 2 brothers, who I also love, of course.

I feel horrible outing a preference!

RandR Serenity said...

This is why my sister Debbie is my best friend.
"Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Little Sis. You are my best friend and I love you dearly. Have the greatest of days. Speak to you soon. ♥ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "
Deb left this on my facebook page today.
We have been through so much together. She is my mentor, my I need a hug girl, I would be lost without her!

Sorry if I got gussy but you asked,
Hugs to all the sisters out there. Hope yours is your best friend.

SoSarahSews said...

Congrats!!!! SO happy for you!

My sis is my bestie, cuz she's my sis....and my brother used to beat us up! (But we're over it now. :)

Richard Healey said...

My brother is a good friend to me now we use to fight like cats and dogs now we help each other out all the time My wife and I for example ran and did a few things for him tonight while he was at work.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http:// my1pictureaday.blogspot.com/

Dandelion Quilts said...

Only child here, but I was always closest to my cousin Emily or Emmy. We would play house on the roots of these very old trees at my grandmas. We had so much fun. Love the fabric. Thanks for the chance to win.

sewVery said...

It would have to be my one and only big brother, Scott. He's always there for me even if we don't get to talk very often anymore.

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

It's my only brother and his wife! They are my support in life.

Karen said...

My uncle, my fathers youngest brother. As a young girl, John and I would chase rainbows for hours, stop for lunch and to regroup, then off again to find that pot of gold. Then as an adult he has been supportive.

Sallie said...

Congratulations! My sisters are my best friends. Thanks for the giveaway!

Diann said...

Both of my sisters are my closest friends. Marie is closer in age so we did more things together growing up and Linda is more like me so we have more in common.
Congratulations on the future grandbaby!

apple blossom said...

congrats. I don't know that I'm close to my sister more close to my brother that is three years older than me.

ABreading4ufn [at] gmail [dot] com

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the baby news!
My favorite cousin is Debbie...we spent every holiday we could together as children. No one can make me laugh like she can and no one loves me as much as she does!

Nancy said...

Congrats on becoming a grandma again! My sister Suzie is my best friend. She is someone who knows me-warts and all and loves me unconditionally(and I feel the same about her). We can almost finish each other's sentences. When we get together, hours fly by and suddenly we look out the window of the restaurant we are having lunch at and it is dark!

Kim said...

I am closer to my older sister. Her and I have been through a lot and I can trust her to always be there for me.

Val said...

I have 2 sisters but we aren't as close as I would like since they live out of town but I have a best friend that is just like a sister. We can miss talking a couple of weeks and pick up just like it was yesterday. I know that she would always be there for me. And congrats!!!!

nicoledemana crafts said...

my daughter is my bestest friend we tell each other everything, we live 40mins away from each other. we chat for hours everyday.

JoyceLM said...

I'm the second of 4 sisters & it would be hard to choose which is my best friend. The oldest sister is the closest in age - only 1 year between us - so we have more common experiences. But actually my husband is my best friend. Thanks for the chance to win.

Spontaneous Threads said...

I have a younger brother, but I was much closer to my mother's twin sisters 5 daughters! We all went to the same school and spent all of our holidays and summers together.

arlette said...

Congrats in your grandbababy!!!, my cousin's my best friend, I don't have sisters...

supersara20 said...

I am closest to my sister!

diamondc said...

Congratulations on the addition to your Family, lucky Audrey I am sure she will be the best big sister in the world.
I love my brothers but my sister-in-law is mt best friend she always makes me laugh and has such encouraging words to share with me.
Catherine

Gale, Ky quilter said...

First of all - congratulations on being a grandma again. Best job in the world!!! My best friend is my brother, Dennis. There are six of us children and Dennis and I are the most alike. We like to laugh and just hang out but he is also a great listener. He was there for me during a very dark period of my life and for that I will be forever grateful. His birthday is coming up so I am making him a quilted checkerboard. He's gonna love it! Beautiful fabric!

galew417@comcast.net

Pauline said...

Love your baprons, will have to try that. Since only children, like me, don't have siblings, my daughters are like sisters to me and are my best friends. I also have sisters at heart, Ann, Mary Lee, Marj, Ammie Rose, Alice.

SisterlyLove said...

Congrats on your new grandbaby to come!!! That is certainly exciting news!

I have 5 sisters and one bro and they are ALL my best friends. :)

Beautiful fabric!!
Genevieve

JanetK said...

I just have one sister, so that's easy. My first cousin who is just 6 months younger than me is my oldest and first friend ever.
Thanks for the giveaway, and congratulations!

Grey Cat said...

I don't get along with my brother at all, and I don't really know my half-siblings. I'm more about loving and embracing the family I create, and that family includes those I call friends.

That said, my best friend is my husband.

Jane S. said...

This is an easy one! My sister is my absolute, all time favorite sibling...she is also my only sibling, so I guess it's good that we like each other so much!

janequiltsslowly said...

I love that line of fabric! Congratulations on the pending grandbaby, lucky you! I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and I have to say my favorite is my brother Jim, born on my birthday when I was 3. He is a sweet considerate guy! (Even though he did make it so I always had a shared birthday cake!)

Cleo said...

with out a doubt - my wonderful sister. Through my cancer, epilepsy and now loosing my home - she has been there for me no matter what - she has been the ground i stand on through thick and thin. SHe IS my guardian angel.

thanks

cleo

cleo (AT) techgear.co.za

mascanlon said...

My cousin Marge is my dearest friend, we are the only girls with 5 brothers between us. And a new grand baby, I am excited for you!!

yorkie mom said...

My sister! She knows all my secrets! Thanks for a chance. and a huge Congratulations!!

Laura said...

Can I claim my sister-in-law as my favorite sibling? She's awesome and a friend to me in a way my brothers just can't...

Fran said...

My sister is my best friend - she's my only sister so that makes the choosing favourite sibling easier, LOL! Thanks for a lovely giveaway.