Tutorials

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May Mid-Century Modern bee blocks

I finished my bee blocks for May.  The block is called Stacked Bricks and the tutorial by The Sometimes Crafter and modified by Linda to work as a border on a quilt she is finishing.

It sure was fun to go through the scrap basket looking for the great colors Linda wanted in her block.  Yes, she asked for Kona Ash on one side of the block and Kona White on the other.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our town had their annual celebration over the weekend and we attended the parade on Saturday evening.  This is the first panorama view I've taken and liked how it turned out.

There were eleven marching bands in the parade and the one I marched in while I was in high school is just coming up on the left.

12 readers left a comment:

Mama Pea said...

Great blocks, Mary! It will be interesting to see how she puts them together. :-)

Bev said...

Love those colors! Can't wait to see the finished top!

Cheery wave from

Bev

Michelle said...

Your blocks are beautiful!

Susan said...

Good for you for making two blocks! It's going to be a great quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the colors!!! They ZING!

Grammasheri said...

Very pretty Mary! Like the others who have posted, I really love the color combination. Looks like this would be a fun quilt to make.

Julia said...

Love the bright colorful blocks, it's going to be a fun quilt.
Julia

Needled Mom said...

The blocks look awesome. I like the two different colors on the sides. I'd love to see the finished project.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Beautiful blocks. Love the colours! The panorama picture is nice.

Mary said...

Mary, your blocks are so good! I need to get cracking on this one. Better go through my fabrics and find the right colors.

mascanlon said...

Love the blocks Mary! The town my daughter lives in does a small town parade on July 4th. Anyone can join in. Annika at 5 has decided this year she is riding her bike, can't wait to cheer her!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the blocks! Amelia's camera does panoramic ocs like that. I need to mess with it more