Tutorials

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Modern Mini Quilt Challenge

I am entering this pillow I made for PTS10 in the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge at Ellison Lane Quilts.

 It is 20" X 20" appliqued clams onto a base cloth and then hand quilted with No. 8 perle cotton.

26 readers left a comment:

Michelle said...

I love your pillow!! The fabrics are just gorgeous!!!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Beautiful pillow, love the fabric and the stitching adds so much detail!!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's wonderful Mary! The fabrics are so fun and cheerful and your stitching adds so much to the design.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is gorgeous!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

What a fun pillow....great popping colors. Beautiful work :)

Kelly

Katie said...

such a beauty

Susan said...

Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this pillow! I have been searching for a clamshell pattern online and have not found one. Where did you find this one? i want to make a mini quilt! thanks Lizzie

Swedish Scrapper said...

Gorgeous! Well done! You really balanced your fabric choices nicely :D

Bev said...

You have my address, right? Just send it right to me...:)

It's so pretty!

Cheery wave from
Bev

mascanlon said...

I did a clam shell block years ago in a block swap. I used 30's fabrics. This version with more contemporary fabrics is very cool!

Lurline said...

Just beautiful! To me clamshells are rather difficult, I really admire what you have just done!
Hugs-Lurline.

Sally said...

This pillow is so very pretty! I love the color combo that you chose.

Amy DeCesare said...

It's just awesome, Mary. So artful and beautifully balanced!

kathy-o said...

completely in love with it! LOVE your fabric choices!

Cynthia said...

That is really cute! Love the colors and fabrics! So fun! Great work!

Mama Pea said...

Well, you know I love this pillow!

Janet said...

I love it but then I've loved every single pillow you make. The fabrics are wonderful.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Beautiful! Love your fabric choices!

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful pillow. Great fabric choices!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the clamshells and your selection of fabrics and colours is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

so gorgeous - your fabric choices are amazing :-)

Bloom said...

Simply lovely work! Gorgeous colours, and I especially love the quilting. All the best in the challenge - I'd vote for you :)

pinsandneedles said...

Love your pillow! Your fabric choices are wonderful!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Mary, that is clamshell perfection! I love the fabrics you chose. Well done! Thanks for entering the Modern Mini Challenge!

Tatkis said...

Adorable clamshell pillow!
Good luck :)

Hugs,
Tatyana