Tutorials

Friday, June 7, 2013

Solar System

Yes, the Solar System.  I was asked to make a Solar System quilt.  It is not my design; I was given a photo that I have identified as coming from THIS website.  It appears to be a printed panel quilt they have for sale.  My version is appliqued.

 The finished size is 42" X 58" and I quilted stars throughout.  In the applique section, I used invisible thread on the top, and matching thread on the bottom.  For the rest of the quilt, I matched the top and bottom thread for the stars.
 The binding is a tiny yellow and gold chevron. 

16 readers left a comment:

Carrie P. said...

I like that really fun quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Wowzer! Yours is so much better than a printed panel. Lots of awesome details.

Susan said...

It's certainly a unique quilt Mary! You've done a wonderful job!

Jocelyn said...

Great job Mary!

carla said...

Hi!!! I love it!!!! Would love to the zodiac done on a quilt too!!!! Very pretty!!!!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful quilt...you did an awesome job!

Vicki W said...

That's really cool!

mascanlon said...

How very fun!!!It looks great Mary.

Grammasheri said...

VERY nice quilt Mary! The star-quilting is perfect!

Bev said...

You are brilliant. That's all there is to it!

Cheery wave from
Bev

Karen said...

So much work! It looks great. What a lovely idea.

Nilya said...

How Fun!

Mama Pea said...

Wow....that looks like it was a ton of work. Well done!

Tatkis said...

Such an unusual and interesting quilt! Great idea!

Hugs,
Tatyana

CitricSugar said...

THAT is awesome! My many selves (quilter, teacher, nerd) are all delighted right now. :-)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Awesome!!