Tutorials

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bailey Island Hobo &......

Sometime last year when I participated in one of the Doll Quilt Swaps, along with the quilt I received from Cara at Cara Quilts was a beautiful Bali Pop! I know, how generous! Well, I'd never had a Bali Pop before and wasn't sure what I'd use it for.

Then I came across the Baily Island Hobo pattern by Auntie Two and socked it away with the Bali Pop. I packed them both up when we headed to FL along with 42 strips 2 1/2" X 45" of batting (pre-cut at home), a magnatic snap and LOTS of thread. I have to say that when I was sorting the pops into the color order I wanted, I pulled a few out and went to the LQS to purchase a little piece to replace them and make the binding and straps.

Well, here is my finish:

It is about 16" X 15" X 6". Here is a close-up of what it looks like:

Such fun to make! I work on the dining table here at the condo so I can see Charlotte Harbor or the TV.

I just know you want to see those little ones that visited us:

Vincent learned how to roll over here and Audrey wanted Grandma to braid her hair every day. She "needed" her finger and toe nails polished too! What fun.

 

17 readers left a comment:

Createology said...

Your Grands are adorable. How wonderful to spend time and enjoy them. Love your Bali Pop bag! Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Great bag and such cuties!

Bev said...

Those little ones are just ADORABLE! SO cute! Look at those eyelashes. Oh, your bag is cute too!

Cheery wave from Bev

Mary said...

THose kiddos are adorable! How fun this must be for you!

dortha said...

Beautiful babies. I love your purse.

Rene' said...

Those bali pops make a great bag. Love seeing pictures of the "babies"! Enjoy!

Carla said...

Love the picture of the 'littles'. Your bag is beautiful.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful bag but not nearly as beautiful as those little ones.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm in love with your grandchildren. They are so sweet. I wish ours could play together. But isn't it nice they have us. THe bag is really great. I love it.

Carrie P. said...

well of course you have to have painted nails. that is what girls do! :0)
they are adorable.
great bag.

Purple Pam said...

What a nice bag. Your grandchildren are so darling. Audrey is getting so big, as well as Vince.

Sinta Renee said...

Your bag is beautiful Mary! I love the batiks. Your little sweetie pies are pretty scrumptious too!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful bag, something I want to learn to make is bags so I can make some for gifts. Love the photo of your grandchildren, so precious. We are expecting our first this spring, so excited to be a grandma.

Debbie

Michele said...

They are so cute :-) The picture made me smile! Great bag. I love how you arranged the colors!

pinsandneedles said...

Fabulous bag and your grandbabies are adorable too!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Another great bag and the kids are getting so big!

Mama Pea said...

Audrey sure is growing up! Wow! That bag turned out just great!