Longest WIP that I own! I finished the top for Stars Over Fort Sumter this week here in Florida. I have to confess I purchased this kit years ago while my daughter and son-in-law were living in Charleston SC. They've been back in MN for nearly three years if that tells you anything.
Stars Over Fort Sumter pattern is a Civil War Inspired Quilt by Bonnie Blue Quilts (nothing I've done much of) but this pattern and fabric grabbed me.
I had all the blocks pieced and sewn together and just needed to add the borders.
This size is 81" X 81" and I think it will be pretty cool once it is quilted. I'll leave that to an expert...it exceeds my ability and the size is too large to quilt on my domestic machine.
'






23 readers left a comment:
Way to go! Yeah, I wouldn't want to quilt it domestically, either.
It's wonderful! I'm loving pink and brown together so this really appeals to me! Looking forward to see it when it's quilted !
Good for you! It is a beautiful top! congrats! on finishing the top.
lovely finish can't wait to see the quilting.
Hoorah for WIPs! What a lovely finish.
Great finish Mary.
Nice one! I love the pattern.
Stefanie
What a pretty finish. Congratulations!
I just love it! Thanks for sharing! The colors are amazing!
Cheery wave from
Bev
What a gorgeous quilt! Love your colors and what a great way to show off your beautiful piecing.
Your quilt is beautiful. I really like the design of it. Congrats on getting an old WIP finished.
It looks really wonderful. I love the colors.
That is a wonderful quilt! Enjoy the warm weather!
Such discipline! I have tops older than that and may not finish ; (
Good for you for finishing Mary
Mary, it's beautiful.
Those star blocks are gorgeous!
How pretty, Mary.
It's beautiful, Mary! What is the largest you'd quilt yourself? I have only machine quilted lap quilts myself, but I've hand quilted much larger quilts.
Thanks Ivy! You are a no-reply commentor. I have machine quilted twin size on my Pfaff and that was about the largest I'll attempt. I'm hand quilting a king size right now....and for quite a long time. Can't wait to finish.
It's lovely Mary....I love the star pattern,and your colours.
Great finish.
Julia ♥
very pretty and luv the pattern!
It's beautiful! I love the pattern and the fabric! Is this the one you were working on in July? Way to go!
That is a great pattern. It is really pretty in this fabric.
Post a Comment