Tutorials

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Madrona Road challenge quilt

I belong to the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild and our March challenge is a quilt out of a fat quarter pack of Madrona Road by Violet Craft for Michael Miller.

Here is what I came up with:

This is a pattern called Rainbows End by Villa Rosa Designs and I thought it was perfect to show off this pretty fabric. I left the yellow and white solids out for the quilt front. I may use them on the back.

Here is a photo taken inside. Notice how different the colors look:

Little Vince is coming to visit us in Florida and needs something to keep the sun out of his eyes and off his face; so of course, Grandma made him both a hat and a cap:

Can not wait to see Vince and Audrey!

 

17 readers left a comment:

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful projects Mary. Love what you've been creating.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

Very creative. I love your quilt. Hugs

mascanlon said...

Love the quilt Mary and the hats are adorable. Glad you are missing the snow and enjoying sunshine!

Karen said...

Great quilt top. Very effective.
And the hats are delightful!

Susan said...

Love your challenge quilt! The hats are so cute too...I wonder if he will leave them on? ;o)

Bev said...

You are so creative! I love what you come up with! Cute hats. Can't wait to see them on the little model.

Cheery wave from
Bev

Needled Mom said...

The quilt looks wonderful!! I also love the cute little hats.

Rene' said...

Your Madrona Road challenge quilt is so pretty Mary!!!

AmBeR said...

I like those fabrics and the pattern you chose! But I LOVE your model that holds your quilts so you can take pictures!

Mama Pea said...

Well done, Mary! I like it!

Jacquelynne Steves said...

When my girls were little, I used to love making them dresses and matching hats. Now I guess I will have to wait for grandchildren to do that again!

Dianne Mitzel said...

love the quilt, and the hats are adorable! Enjoy your family..

Carrie P. said...

the modern guild did the same thing. all their quilts were donated to the senior services.

Heather A said...

I love what you've done with your Madrona Road fabrics.

Judy in Michigan said...

Love your quilt and the clever 9 patches! What a great idea (I never saw that before - have i been hiding under a rock?) Stay warm and out of the snow banks.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the color placement of this quilt.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Love your Madrona Road and that hats for Vince! Enjoy the sunshine.