Tutorials

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Peace Quilt Blog Hop and Giveaway!

It's my day for the Peace Quilt Blog Hop!

As I mentioned before, this pattern was created by my friend Rene' of Rene' Creates.  You can purchase the pattern here

And if you leave a comment on this blog post, one of my readers will win a copy of the Peace Quilt Pattern!  It is very well written, includes three different sizes and has excellent color layout instructions.

I made the baby quilt size:



The fabric is all City Weekend by Liesl Gibson for Oliver + S for Moda.  I quilted it with straight(?) lines about 3/8" apart.  It feels and looks great.  I added one 2 1/2" border that was not included in the pattern and the final dimentions are 35" X 35".







Please visit the last two stops on the blog hop:
  • Thursday, January 31 - Shelly at Prairie Moon Quilts (http://www.prairiemoonquilts.com)

  • Friday, February 1 - back to Rene' at Rene' Creates (http://www.renecreates.com) for a give away

  • - and be sure and comment for a chance to win the pattern.  Please include your email address in your comment if you are a no-reply blogger.  I will draw a winning name on my birthday - Sunday, February 3rd.

    ETA:  Comments are closed and winner will be announced soon.

    43 readers left a comment:

    Carla said...

    Does number one ever win? I've enjoyed the blog hop for these quilts ; ) your version is lovely too

    Anita said...

    I'm loving everyone's different versions! Thanks for the giveaway, will need to buy one if I don't win :)

    Susan said...

    All the versions are fabulous! I love the backing on yours too!

    Betsy said...

    It looks great Mary.

    Quilt Doodle Designs said...

    I Love you Peace Quilt, so cool! Your quilting is beautiful!

    cindy at quiltdoodledesigns dot com

    heleen said...

    What a wonderful quilt. I love the colors!

    Katie said...

    early happy birthday

    Anne at Film and Thread said...

    Not entering the giveaway, but had to say how beautiful this turned out. Love the fabrics and love the quilting.

    Ramona said...

    I love the "Peace sign"! And love this quilt. Thank you for sharing.

    Quilting in the South said...

    I like your version of the peace quilt. I like the effect of the red print with dots for the background fabric.

    Michele said...

    How pretty! Love the colors and your quilting is spectacular. Don't enter me, just wanted to stop by and see another beauty.

    Anya said...

    Love the pattern and love your version of it! Thanks for the chance!

    Cindy said...

    Am I silly or what? I like your back as much as your front of the quilt. Beautiful!

    Slowpoke said...

    Your Peace Quilt is lovely! The fabric colours
    are so bright and cheery!
    I know my 8 yr. old grand-daughter would love a quilt like this.
    She has a Peace sign on her school binder.
    Oh I wish I could win, just once.
    Thank you for your kind giveaway.

    chris.luba@sympatico.ca

    Vicki H said...

    Beautiful. I love the back as well. Happy Birthday!

    beth said...

    Love this one. The colors are perfect. No need to add me to the drawing....just wanted to admire. ;)

    Vroomans' Quilts said...

    I find it funny that the 'hippy' style is having such a come-back! I cringe when I look at old photos. But this is so cute!!!

    pforgerson said...

    Takes me back to high school and the late 60's early 70's. love it

    artsycraftsyivy said...

    Ooh, I love your version! Love the quilting, the thread, the fabrics you chose! :)

    Cathy said...

    I love the red background on your quilt. The backing is beautiful too. Hugs

    Angie said...

    Okay girl, I absolutely love this quilt---your colors are wonderful---I really need this pattern so I can make it for my friend who has a love affair going with the peace sign. :)

    Abby and Stephanie said...

    I wanted to wish you a happy Super Bowl Birthday. You probably wish the Vikings were playing! Your quilting is amazing and really adds depth to the quilt. Please don't enter me in the giveaway...I just wanted to stop by and say hello.

    Unknown said...

    what a cute little quilt! Simple yet just enough. love it!
    Mburnette912@bellsouth.net

    karen @ badlandsquilts said...

    Oh my, your quilting looks great!

    Needled Mom said...

    It looks so pretty in those fabrics. Love the backing fabrics.

    Live a Colorful Life said...

    Mary, this is a gorgeous version of Rene's pattern! I have always liked this fabric line, especially what you put on the back. So cheery.

    Rene' said...

    Mary I just love your peace quilt!!! The straight line quilting really adds a wonderful texture, and that fabric line is so pretty. The backing fabric is my favorite - that shade of blue with the red is awesome! Happy early birthday!!!!!

    Doris said...

    This is beautiful--love it! And you just had to show us up by having it quilted, huh? ;-) Just kidding of course, job well done!

    Ting said...

    Wow! I love the colors and the way you quilted.

    Brenda said...

    great colours and I like the dense quilting. thanks for a chance to win!

    barbara woods said...

    thanks for the giveaway

    Michelle said...

    I just love your peace quilt...every single detail!! It's beautiful!! Love the straight line quilting...still haven't figured out how I'm going to quilt mine...*sigh* Happy (early) birthday :)

    Jcmar10 said...

    Love this quilt and your polka dot background fabric!

    Ella said...

    Great blog hop! Love the quilt!

    Mama Pea said...

    It sure turned out great, Mary! Well done. Love the fabrics, and the quilting is just right! I love the backing fabric!

    becky said...

    I love your quilt the back is fantastic would be honored to win this give away looks like a lot of fun .Thank-you Becky
    derry04@yahoo.com



    Anonymous said...

    I love this pattern! So simple, but so fun. Thanks for the chance to win this nostalgia-making pattern.

    Anonymous said...

    id love to win this pattern

    Janet said...

    This is a great pattern and I love the fabric you used in your version. Peace for a baby - what a great idea.

    Maria said...

    Love your color choices on this! My 9-year-old daughter would go nuts if I made her a peace sign quilt.

    Heather A said...

    Peace. One of my favourite symbols (coming from a child of the 70s). I'd love to win the pattern.

    brittany marie davis said...

    The quilt is great. I love the fabrics you used on both the front and back of the quilt. And the peace sign is just too dang cute!

    Jodi - usairdoll said...

    What a fun pattern and a fun size! Love your fabric choices and what an awesome job quilting! Really looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    Thank you and Renee for a great giveaway and a chance to win.

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com