Did I mention that our family added FIVE babies this year SINCE our grandson Vincent was born in September. Well, this keeps me making baby quilts for a while.
I finished this one for great-nephew Jaxson in Texas yesterday:
Yes, it's similar to the one I made great-niece Abby in Texas a few weeks ago. I had lots of fun with the appliqué and quilting...pebbles around the giraffe, geometric in the blue border and then loopy for the rest of the quilt. It will be in the mail tomorrow.
The quilt finished at 36" X 42" and the solids are Kona and all the prints are Savannah Bop by Thomas Knauer for Andover Fabrics.




17 readers left a comment:
Really sweet and love the quilting - gives such texture to it.
I love it. Your quilting is great. Hugs
It's so sweet and perfect for a sweet baby boy!
How cute and colorful. Your pretty quilting really adds texture. I know baby will love it.
Wow! It's adorable! You've got that pebble thing down pat. I want to learn to do that stitch. I love the quilts you've done. We haven't had a new baby for 3 years. I have 6 grandkids in high school now so maybe in 10 years or so? At least! Thanks for sharing your adorable little baby quilts! I love them!
Cheery wave!
Bev
What a cute, cute quilt and congrats on all the new babies!
So cute and sweet,
Congrats on all the new babies and the family.
Julia ♥
This is adorable! Love your inspiration fabric and how the solids play against it.
How sweet! Congratulations to all the new additions!
Love your darling giraffe quilt. It is so sweet.
I love these quilts. They are so colourful and appealing. Lovely gifts!
Really cute, Mary! Giraffes are the best!
Wow the pebbles! Great little quilt
cute. I think doing pebbles are fun.
So very cute! I love Thomas' fabric and have plans to use it for some bibs and burp cloths this Winter...4 babies coming in my circle this year with 2 more "hope fors" in the works so to speak! And I need to learn the peppble quilting, I am still in the straight line mode
So bright and cute! I imagine that pebble quilting is fun for little fingers to stroke.
Lovely and cute quilt, and your quilting is perfect!!
Hugs,
Tatyana
Post a Comment