Tutorials

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Favorite Christmas Memory

Kelly at Charming Chatter asked everyone to tell about their favorite Christmas memory.  Well, it was easy for me because it was the year I was five years old and I could not find my baby doll for weeks before Christmas.
On Christmas Eve, we went to my Grandparent's house and there under the tree was my doll with a brand new dress on and sitting on a box full of clothes for her!  My grandmother had sewn a whole wardrobe of clothes for my doll - it was the happiest Christmas ever!


I have been busy sewing a gift I can't show until after Christmas and I've had a little visitor three times the last week. Jordyn (my great niece) is growing so fast and is almost one!  She stands by herself and will soon be walking.  We had a lot of fun playing and she is the sweetest little girl.



8 readers left a comment:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a wonderful story. I bet you still have that doll! and speaking of dolls, what a cutie pie she is, have a wonderful Christmas, and see you in 2010!

Janet said...

Gosh that is the most wonderful story, I can imagine how excited you must have been.Your great niece is a cutie! Merry Christmas

imquilternity said...

What a wonderful grandmother and how fun for you! Jordyn is darling...you lucky great-auntie!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

Love your story! Isn't it amazing what we remember from our childhood! Merry Christmas!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Merry Christmas Mary! see you in JUNE!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Aww, that is so sweet! What a neat Grandma to sew clothes for your doll! Thanks so much for joining us in the fun. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Jocelyn said...

awwww what a sweet story. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Anina said...

Merry Christmas Mary!