Tutorials

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cone Zone Girl

I thought I would wait and show you this with a little girl in it, but I couldn't wait any longer:


Her Daddy works in the construction business and I think this fabric is fabulous....sooooo a dress and hat for Audrey!!

The fabric is Cone Zone by Caleb Gray in the Construction Zone Steel and Tire Tracks White prints ordered from Pink Chalk Fabrics.

The pattern is Simplicity 5695 - 6 dresses made easy.

I added the Shabby Fabric Rose to the hat from this tutorial from Create and Delegate.

When I catch up with Audrey, I'll try to get a photo of her in this outfit.

 

32 readers left a comment:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

That is very, very cute! I also love your added rose!

Linda said...

That is absolutely adorable! How appropriate for the daughter of someone in construction!

Doris said...

Oh, Mary, this is fabulous! I like your use of a "boy-themed" fabric in a girly way--VERY smart.

Julianne said...

Oh its darling...I really need to do the same thing and make my grandaughter some dresses!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Sew cute. Can't wait to see Audrey in her new little dress. I love the masculine with the feminine here.

Pat from Florida said...

Way cute! Little fashionista will be adorable. I love the idea of making a dress from 'boy' fabric.

Deborah said...

Ah! This is adorable. Such cute, cute fabric!

Darlene said...

It's adorable and Audrey will look so sweet.

dortha said...

You did a very good job. I know she will so cute in it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

She certainly is going to be the envy of all of the other little girls...having such a talented grandma making her THE most adorable things.

Impera Magna said...

Oh, how darling! I love the dress, hat and flower!!!

Mary said...

EEEEKKKK! This is so cute! You must have the best time sewing for this little girl! Love the hat!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! My Punk needs one toooooo! Perfect for my husband. couple of pillowcases are needed. Yes indeed-y!

KellyS said...

Completely adorable!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

So cute! I love the fabric. You are such a good Grandma!

Julia said...

So cute Mary...she's going to love it..
Julia ♥

Susan said...

Oh my gosh...that is just too stinkin' cute!

Dawn said...

This is so stinkin' cute!

Janet said...

How adorable! I must make a note of the pattern. The fabric is so much fun.

jmj said...

girls like trucks too!!! Cute dress!!!!

liz said...

Adorable! I think mom and dad might like it even more than Audrey will. Very clever.

sandra said...

Mary that is so adorable and she will just love it. I so wish I had a grand daughter but so far just two boys and no hope for anymore.

evelyn said...

This is adorable. Love the dress, the fabric and the flower. Does the hat pattern come with? Would love to make for my granddaughter

Createology said...

Super cute outfit and I adore the themed fabric. Love the way you put it all together. Blissful Stitching...

Needled Mom said...

Sooooo cute!

Nancy@owensolivia said...

oh my freakin' goodness!!! i agree with doris on combining the boy print.

Rene' said...

How cute is this?!!!!!

Gerri said...

What an adorable dress. The fabric you used is just too cute. What a lucky litle girl!

Betsy said...

Mary, this dress is fabulous!

Mama Pea said...

It's really adorable, Mary!

Dandelion Quilts said...

So cute...and I am a sucker for cute hats!

Purple Pam said...

Audrey's new dress and hat are so cute!