Tutorials

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sweet Spot Origin

One more quilt that I started a long while ago is
Sweet Spot Origin;
that is Schnibbles Sweet Spot pattern by
Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
using the Origins by Basic Grey for Moda Fabric.



I put this quilt top together back in
March 2011!!!  You can check it out here


It was actually quilted by my favorite quilter, 
back in January.  I finally found time to put the binding on and photograph it.


This one is for on the wall in our dining area.
 

 in between rain showers on our deck

31 readers left a comment:

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

I love it! I've been wanting to do a star quilt for a while...yours looks great! And I've been eyeing that fabric too...

LeKaQuilt said...

I love it, too! Your quilt is gorgeous :o)

Michelle said...

What a beautiful backdrop for your lovely quilt!!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous quilt. The quilting is exquisite. Love the colors in Origins!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's beautiful Mary! I love the fabrics and your piecing looks to be perfect. Great finish!

Kathy MacKie said...

Such a great job and love the colors, you'll enjoy it for sure.

Terry said...

Oh that's so pretty! I love the colors and of course the quilting is fabulous! :0)

Denise in PA said...

Mary, it's lovely! I have a stack of Origins in my stash - I love that line!

Jamie said...

Love it, Mary! The floral quilting really gives the stars movement.

Carol said...

It's beautiful Mary.

sandra said...

What a pretty little quilt Mary it will look lovely on your dining room wall.

audrey said...

I love it!! I love the origins line and regret not getting a couple extra charm packs. I did a ritzy cracker quilt out of my origins.

Gerri said...

Wow, Mary. It's beautiful. I bet it will look great once it's hung up in your dining room!

CitricSugar said...

It's just lovely. She did a beautiful job on the quilting!

Anonymous said...

I love that you were able to capture the quilting in this one. It's such a sweet quilt! I'd completely forgotten about it. Thanks for sharing and especially appreciate the shout out! You are the sweetest!!

Jocelyn said...

Wow Mary, this quilt is gorgeous!! Great job. And Mary's quilting is beautiful. Really makes this quilt stand out.

Jen said...

Fabulous!the pattern and the fabric go together so well. Great finish!

Deborah said...

Very stunning! Your color scheme is encouraging me to get out of my "same fabrics" mode!

Karen said...

Great quilt! I love stars anyway. The colors are great!

I love Schnibbles! I recently purchased the "State Fair" pattern and I have made her "Roundabout".

Happy quilting!

Barb said...

Love it, the fabrics are just awesome!

evelyn said...

What a beautiful quilt! The quilting is perfection!

paulette said...

She is gorgeous!! A real beauty!!
P

Betsy said...

It looksvfab. Looks great on the deck too.

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

I love that flying geese border! Awesome job!

imquilternity said...

It's perfect!

moosecraft said...

Love the colors on this! And, the stitching and quilting are just right! :-)

Carrie P. said...

OOOO! I just love the fabrics in this quilt.

Nanette Merrill said...

Definitely a winner. I love the colors.

Mama Pea said...

Wow. It's gorgeous, Mary!

Hitchhiker42 said...

Those are fantastic stars. I love that pistachio an mustard color scheme. The quilting on the stars reminds me of butterflies a little bit.

Tatkis said...

Such a charming star quilt! I love all those green colours!

Hugs,
Tatyana