Tah Dah!
Birdie Stitches is put together. I won't be quilting it for a while because we are heading South next week and will be gone almost two months. I won't be taking this with me.
I decided on a patchwork border and love how it looks. Can't wait to get this quilted.
Fabric: Fandango by Kate Spain for Moda



57 readers left a comment:
Wow its gorgeous! :)
So cute!!!!
It looks wonderful! :0)
But it will be waiting patiently at home for your return. I like your new header with Red and White Blocks! Safe travels...
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!
This is the first Birdie quilt I have seen finished - it is lovely. well done.
It's so beautiful! The scrappy border works perfect with the scrappy sashing (block sides? whatever you want to call them!)
delightful! love all the birds. such beautiful work!
Beautiful!!!!!
Love it. I've printed out the patterns but have only managed to stitch 4 of the 12. I'm going to keep at it.
Love it! And I'm sure it's even prettier in person!
Well done, It is so great.
Is that you own block in the center with the year?
That is pretty neat too.
Oh, how wonderful this turned out!! It was fun to watch it grow, but more enjoyable to see it all together.
Oh Mary, it's gorgeous! Makes me that much more eager to get my Embroidery 101 finished! It's pinned!
Oh, and congrats on your recent win! I can't remember right now where I saw it but I know it was in my Google Reader and saw that you won something the other day! (I know, I'm goofy!)
Totally awesome!
It's gorgeous! You did an amazing job.
The borders around the blocks is just perfect for the embroidery designs and the floss colors you used.
Very cute. Doesn't it feel good to have kept up with this and have the whole top done? Love your border.
That is absolutely precious!
Amazing!! I really like the patchwork border you added - it finishes it out perfectly! Congrats on a beautifully finished quilt top.
That is so beautiful
Stunning Mary
It's gorgeous! Love the fabrics you chose to frame the blocks.
Wow that is so beautiful ,looks like it was a lot of fun too. I hope you have a lovely holiday, what will you take to work on while you are away?
That is fantastic, Mary! I love how it turned out...it's so happy. You'll have a fun time quilting it once you get back from your trip!
XOXO,
Cyndi
Woo hoo! That is so darn cute!!!
It's so beautiful! I hope you'll still be sewing and blogging while you're down south!
Stunning! Congratulations Mary!
Looks fabulous! Have a nice trip south, I have a feeling we'll be in for some cold weather while you're gone!
This is adorable. Turned out very nice.
Oh, fantastic! I love how it looks and thank you for keeping me inspired to finish my blocks. Your choice of threads and fabrics are just gorgeous.
It is just adorable. I love your border too.
That is so darling....wish I were going with you!
Wow Mary! Looks fantastic. I am still stitching birdies...5 down and 7 to go.
Maybe I'll be finished with my blocks by the time you get home ???
Safe travels.
This is just beautiful! And I agree the scrappy border is great!
Mary, it's adorable! After your stay in Florida are you headed this way? I hope so. :)
oh, this is a wonderful quilt top! so so cute!
What a wonderful job!
What a wonderful job!
It is awesome!!
Mary this is just awesome. I love the pieced border. Well done.
It looks great. The fabrics work so well with the embroideries. Perfect!
You did such a great job, well done.
So gorgeous Mary...I love it too!
Julia ♥
Oh, it's absolutely adorable!
Hugs,
Tatyana
I love this! What a unique and beautiful quilt!
It's adorable! Now I'm wishing I would have made one!
WOW! it's a stunner, Mary! you should be very proud and I can totally understand wanting to get it quilted as soon as you can. Safe travels!
WOW, that is amazing. It is beautiful, congrats on your finish.
Wow what can I say that FIFTY others haven;t already said? LOL. Gorgeous as usual, but then all your work is!
It really is beautiful. I think I'd be taking it with me just so that I could look at it every day!
Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous!
That is Awesome!!! Love the colors you chose. It is going to be stunning all quilted up.
Beautiful! Love it! Need to start on mine! LOL! I have everything to do it...I just don't have time to get it started!
I've been slowly trying to play catch up in blog land...scrolling through your blog post I STOPPED here! What a great quilt!!! This is the first one I've seen all together...fantastic!!! You've made it sparkle!!!
have a great trip! Sorry to miss you in mid feb! hugs!! see you in the spring!
MARY! This is AMAZING!!! you did a fantastic job on it. your patchwork border is incredible. i just love it!
Post a Comment