Tutorials

Monday, January 30, 2012

Geranium Baskets

Started in Minnesota, worked on in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.
Finished today in Louisiana!
My Geranium Baskets:
...what a fun project....

  More embroidery in the car tomorrow.

35 readers left a comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow Mary, it's beautiful!

~Laurie~ said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Mary, that is just beautiful and love your header!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Aare those circling geese calling you home? Cool banner. And your wool piece is just stunning. Well traveled with lots of stories.

Darlene said...

It's beautiful, Mary. I see I misssed you in AZ?

Julia said...

That's gorgeous Mary...I've not done wool applique.
I like how you blanket stitched around the baskets, looks like you worked from the inside of the baskets...
Julia ♥

Leslie said...

Simple but absolutely stunning! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

How pretty!! I wish I could work like that in the car. My motion sickness doesn't let me.

sandra said...

Love your new banner very modern! Your baskets are beautiful how big is the finished size? Hope you are having a wonderful holiday you are getting around. What is weather like> Blessings

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable!!

sunny said...

Bee -u-tiful! Lucky you to be able to sew in the car. Keep up the good work.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Terrific Mary! Safe travels!

Mary said...

Love it. You did a very nice job.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Just give us a hint as to what rest stop you are at...leave the stitching in the car...and I'll know just where to go to steal your beautiful work...it's that simple :)

Giggles,
Kelly

Mama Pea said...

You get around! LOL. It looks beautiful!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's stunning! Lovely work Mary.

Dandelion Quilts said...

How lovely are your flower baskets??? Love them.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

This so beautiful!!! TFS
~Terry~

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

VERY pretty Mary!

Liz said...

Geraniums are my very fave. flowers. You have done an amazing job.Lovely.

Betsy said...

Mary, this is so beautiful. Did you use wool or is it all embroidery?

antique quilter said...

sooooo pretty
love the colors , beautifully stitched
Kathie

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

You are getting some serious work done in the car! I wish I could sew in the car... nope. I have to drive...darn motion sickness! Have fun!

randi--i have to say said...

oh wow! so pretty!

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful.

Mary said...

Just beautiful!

Sheri Howard said...

I LOVE IT!

Aunt Spicy said...

so sweet!

Mad about Craft said...

Very cute!

Carrie P. said...

so sweet! I wish I could hand work in the car. glad you are having a safe trip.

Mama Spark said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Lovely!

Amy DeCesare said...

Oh, Mary! That is gorgeous in all 50 states!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)