Tutorials

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fancy Fox

I finished my Fancy Fox quilt this week. The pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman and it was so fun to make.

The fabrics for the fox came from six consecutive shades from a stack of Kona fat quarters in the red colorway. The background is Essex yarn dyed cotton/linen in natural.

I quilted with a 50wt. Aurifil variegated thread. I noticed after I photographed it that I missed two rows of quilting. I did go back and add them.

The pattern has a variety of sizes and I made something in between baby and throw. It's 42" X 52" and the pattern designer included the eyeglass pattern on her blog. I chose to do raw edge applique with fusible. I didn't take a picture of the back but it is an organic cotton with an all over fox print.

12 readers left a comment:

Kathryn said...

I've purchased this pattern also. I love the colors you've used. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kathy said...

I love your foxes! I made this quilt in baby size and I'm finishing the binding this weekend. This pattern was fun; I'm going to make more of these. I like your idea of graduated solids.

Susan said...

THE best version of these foxes I have seen! I love the colour variation you have used! Do you have a recipient in mind for this one, or is it going to live happily in your home?

charlotte said...

I love it Mary! I too have this pattern. Can't quite figure out what colors to use, but I love what you did here.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Awesome!

Barb said...

great finish!

Needled Mom said...

That is so cute and I love the glasses!!!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Such a fun quilt, especially with the glasses. My daughter loves foxes. Must show her this one.

Deb said...

Hi Mary, i just LOVE it! And I'm not sure I even like foxes! But this is just adorable. Will you hang it in a certain spot? I love wall hangings. I'm sure you will love having it in your home....especially love the fox in glasses!

Karen S said...

This is great. I love the way you have used the varying shades. A wonderful finish.
I have a daughter in law who has just suggested this may be a pattern I could make for her, so i think I will show her how lovely yours is looking!

Adrienne said...

Gorgeous! !

Amanda Jean said...

I love this quilt so much! You did an incredible job on it!