We are lakeside, but far from a resort. Eight inches of new snow yesterday and there are still flurries in the air today.
I dug out a layer cake of Lakeside Resort by Holly Taylor for Moda. The colors are not exactly my style so I sewed it up for another charity quilt:
I've had layer cake size twisting pinwheel tool forever and thought this would be a good time to give it a try. The top is 61" X 61" and ready to quilt.
Audrey turned three this week and I tried to get a photo of us this morning, but she wanted nothing to do with it, so I took this one of mostly Vincent and a little of me.
And the snowstorm is very pretty, but I'm ready for spring. Here is how Mother Nature frosted the trees outside our door.
Friday, April 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



22 readers left a comment:
Your little guy is adorable!!I like the twister quilts and would really like to make one! Yours looks great!
You can keep the snow! I'm ready for spring! Love the twister quilt! I've wanted to do a blue and brown quilt forever. :0)
Well Vincent is a gorgeous substitute for his sister. :o) My sympathy with your new snow. I had no idea they made the twister ruler that big. Someone will certainly enjoy and appreciate receiving your kindness.
I would do nothing but hold that little angel and kiss those long lashes...he's adorable. And, I would love to have had a snow like that this winter, but, alas, we never get any here in N.C Love your twister quilt, I have that tool and have never used it, also the x-block tool. I have got to stop buying toys, and get to work.
c
Snow? We are in the 80 s here it snowed a week ago though. Your quilt is of a good size! Sweet darling too!
Wow I cannot believe Audrey is already three and that you are still in winter. I know you can't wait for spring.
How gorgeous is Vincent...Audrey 3 already, my that 3 years flew by.
Love your twister quilt, someone will love it too.
Julia ♥
That is the cutest baby!! I write for Gap and he could easily be a Gap baby! You should enter him in their Facebook baby contest. They always have one going on! I'm sick of winter too. Thanks for sharing the baby. He's a little doll!
Cheery wave from Bev
Sweetie babes! Love the twister quilt - and I am tired of winter, too.
Wow, snow?!? We just got home from a quilt show in Lindsay, CA and it was HOT in that building! It was 87 driving home. To not for me. Love your quilt top.
Love the pinwheel quilt! I hope Spring arrives soon!
Looking at your snow, I can't complain about our below normal temps. Your little Vincent is soooooo adorable!
The twister pattern looks like a lot of fun.
That's a great way to use a layer cake. I appreciate you putting in details of the finished size. I had wondered about that. These fabrics have worked well together in that pattern.
I can't believe how much snow you are still getting at this time of the year. What's happening? The photo of the trees is very pretty. Hope it warms up soon for you.
I love your layer cake quilt. I've never seen a twisting pinwheel that big. Vincent is so cute and looks a lot like his sister. Sorry about the snow...spring has to come sometime doesn't it?
I love the colors of your pinwheel!! It looks great.
That snow is just not welcome at this time of the year. I hope speing arrives soon.
A three year old not interested in a photo shoot??? I'm not too surprised, but glad to see the little one who could not escape from the lens!
Vince is so cute...he looks a lot like Audrey! Fingers crossed for spring!
Vincent is beautiful!
How was it using that little twister tool?
Vincent is beautiful! I am soooooo sick of cold and snow. I tell ya'. I have had that same ruler forever and haven't tried it, either. One of these days, I'll do what you did and sew it up! Good idea to try it on something I'm not that fond of it and do a charity quilt.
Vince is adorable!! I was going to buy the big Twister tool today but I changed my mind. Maybe I should have. I have the little one.
pretty top. one day I am going to try that pattern.
Vincent is growing and he has pretty eyes like his big sister.
That Vincent is such a cutie! Snow, snow, snow - yuck!
Post a Comment