I named it Happy Granny because of the Granny Squares (from this Moda Bake Shop recipe) and the fabric is Happy Town!
It will go in the mail tomorrow. Here is another photo:
I cut the vertical prints for the borders and the great stripe for the binding.
Entries must be received by April 15th and all quilts will become property of Quilts For Kids to be distributed to children in hospitals around the United States and the Caribbean.



30 readers left a comment:
How cute, Mary! I just found out my sister is having a boy in August and wondering what kind of quilt to make ... inspiration strikes! :)
Maria (MMQG)
This is a darling quilt!! It will be so loved!
The person who will receive is very very lucky. The fabric is great.
It's gorgeous and Happy. some lucky kid will love it..great cause!
Julia ♥
It's magnificent! So bright and really happy looking :)
Hugs,
Tatyana
It looks great!
That is just the cutest quilt ever! I love it! Thanks for sharing!
Cheery wave from Bev
Your quilt is just adorable. I'm sure it will be very loved by someone special.
Oh, what a treasure!!
Adorable! Lucky recipient !!!!!
Just a wonderful pattern for this colorful fabric! Love how you used the border prints - just delightful and well done.
Great job, Mary. Someone is going to love that.
Mary, it is beautiful and will be loved
I love it-- the gray background is perfect!
What a happy quilt. It will bring someone a lot of cheer and comfort.
Congrats on such a fun finish ; ) love that border
Great design for such a cute quilt!
It's very, very sweet, Mary!
Oh...that is fantastic....
Certainly a very happy quilt to work on too -- bright fun colors and a quilt from the heart.
Your border just makes this quilt - I love your use of the fabrics there.
Love! The granny squares with the cute borders just looks fantastic. Also love how the striped binding finishes it off! I'm sure any child would love to get your quilt.
very bright and cheery, i really like this one
Oh my gosh, that is the cutest little granny I've seen!!! Adorable Mary!
Mary, I SO love your take on granny squares. Very cheerful indeed. You've added so many interesting elements. I'm inspired and so glad I saw yours before starting mine (my summer project).
What a happy looking quilt. I really like the way you made the borders.
What a happy quilt! I like the borders and colours that you used!
What a happy, cheerful quilt. It will be loved for sure. I like your stiped binding. Just too cute!
I love everything about it! The fabric, the borders, the binding, the granny squares, and the name. It's wonderful!
I just found your blog thru crazy mom quilts. While browsing I saw you gave credit to Henry Glass fabrics. I live in the Ozarks, in Missouri and am about 2 hours east of Springfield, MO to get to a quilt shop of any size. In the little town of Thayer, MO; about 30 miles away is a shop "Thayer Fabrics" run by the nicest older couple who carry mostly Henry Glass and have been adding Andover fabrics. They charge $3.99 - $4.99 per yard which I think is a great price. I am happy to see other quilters give credit to this line of fabrics........Lisa
Post a Comment