Tutorials

Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's A Hoot Hat Trick

I was lucky and won the Schnibbles Hat Trick pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. from Sinta Renee at Pink Pincushion.
This happens to be the Vintage Schnibble for April AYOS.
I try to make these when I have time, but it's been a while.

Here is my Hat Trick:

 
 
I had two charm packs and some yardage of It's A Hoot by MoMo for Moda; I was waiting to use on the right project and I think this is it.


I quilted it with hearts all over because I thought it was so sweet.  The binding is a DS Quilts vague stripe with a dot.
It is so fun to do some piecing with little squares and lots of seam matching for a change.

25 readers left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Yep, you are right that ours are totally opposite of each other. So cute!

Gerri said...

I like your Hat Trick with the bright colors.

MB in MI said...

that's the prettiest Hat Trick I've seen!!

Deborah said...

It's amazing how each Hat Trick quilt has a different look depending on the fabric. I love this fabric line and it looks just perfect with this pattern!

Betsy said...

Congratulations Mary.

Susan said...

I love this! It is so pretty!

Carol Swift said...

I really need to try one of those Schnibbles patterns--heard about them, but never used one. Your's is beautiful!

Sheila said...

Really beautiful!

Debra said...

Love the bright fabrics they look great, very cute quilt.

Bev said...

It's so cute! I love the colors! Everything you do is cute!

Cheery wave from
Bev

Ramona said...

That turned out cute. I put mine on the design wall today and decided I needed to swap out two blocks to make it work. Hope I can get it done in time for the parade - pieced at least!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This is adorable and what neat fabrics!

beth said...

What a beauty!

mascanlon said...

So pretty Mary and isn't it fun to use some of these things we have tucked away!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Shouts Spring! So pretty. What is sad is that my Hat Trick has been done and quilted for well over a year now and I'm still working on getting the binding on it. But I will stick it in the parade! Half binded and all.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Very pretty, fun quilt. Love the quilting!

Tatkis said...

Adorable quilt, bright and lovely!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Michele said...

Oh, I love it! So bright, cheery and fun :-)

Sinta Renee said...

It is like a tropical vacation! I love looking at it!

Lynette said...

Oh! I'm sewing with It's Hoot right now. :) Nice hat trick quilt!

OPQuilt said...

Love this! I didn't know you were in the mix until I hopped over to Sinta's blog to see the "other half." And here you are!

I love the color and fabric choices--so cheery and fun and bright. I also like the setting squares--it makes those nine-patches pop right out of there.

Terrific!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Karen said...

I agree. Your fabric choice is great for this quilt.It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

the bright fabrics make this so fun

Sherry said...

I think this is one of my favorites, I love the bright colors and the quilting is perfect.

Nanette Merrill said...

Adorable. Really really adorable.