Tutorials

Friday, December 3, 2010

So much time spent sewing that I haven't taken time to post and other news!

A few finishes for Amy's Sew & Tell link up:

The Le Petite November project - Butter Churn by Sherri Fall of This and That:

I had so much fun making this.  I chose Lumiere de Noel by French General and was worried that I wouldn't have enough contrast for this pattern.  
Actually, I'm very happy with it as it looks even better in person.  
I hope to get this quilted this weekend.
++++

I had enough fabric left of both the main fabric, the handle and top that I made another Birdie Sling by Amy Butler:

I added a magnetic closure to this one.  It's going to be a gift.

+++++


I'm probably the last person to get their Jelly Roll Quilt Along quilt together, but it's finally happening.  It's ready to sandwich and quilt and the binding is all ready.  So I might have a picture tomorrow.  I already have a name for it: Simple Abundance Hotdish.


+++++


And for the news:  We're going to be grandparents again!  DH daughter Jessica and her husband are going to have grandchild number three for us next July!



41 readers left a comment:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love your Butter Churn quilt, Sherri is having a giveaway at the moment with that pattern and 8 others, I'd love to win just for the quilt pattern!

Cyndi said...

Mary, I think your quilt looks beautiful...I love those fabrics! And your bag is great, too. Whomever is receiving that is a lucky lady!

Oh, and congratulations on your new grandbaby to be! How exciting, and what a lovely Christmas present! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Goodness you have been busy. Your quilt is absolutely lovely and the bag is so cute. Good work!

Jocelyn said...

Wow your Butter Churn is fabulous! Great job.

Sheri Howard said...

I Love the red and your contrast is wonderful!

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful quilt Mary. Really fun design, use of colors, beautiful prints. Love it. cute purse too!

SewCalGal
ww.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Laurence said...

Very beautiful quilt. Bag is lovely to.

CJ said...

Congratulations on the grandchild on the way!!!
Lovely quilt and the bag is adorable! I think I need that Amy Butler pattern. ;)

Miriam said...

Love the quilt and the bag!!
Congratulations on the next grandchild!!

Janet said...

Congratulations on the new baby coming. The quilt is really gorgeous, I love it and can't wait to see it quilted. The bag looks fabulous too, you have been productive.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your butter churn is simply gorgeous. More fun sewing ahead for Grandma. Congratulations!

Pat said...

Congratulations on your happy news. I like your quilt and that bag, too.

QuiltSue said...

Congratulations on a beautiful quilt and for grandchild no. 3

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

I love your quilt, love red.... congratulations on your wonderful news!

Yvette said...

Congratulations on your fabulous news!!! Another little one around next Christmas, Yippeeee for you.

I really love your Buttern Churn and someone is going to be very happy to receive that bag.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

You can't beat that for a Christmas present! Congratulations to all!

The Butter Churn is beautiful. I love how those reds pop right out!

Darlene said...

Oh, Mary is beautiful - love it!

Sweet bag for a lucky someone. :-)

Congratulations - another grandbaby coming - woohoo!!!!

LT said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win too...it is a beauty!!

Unknown said...

Love those little churn dashes - beautiful quilt top!! Congrats on the new baby, healthy blessings to mom and babe :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh a new grandbaby!! I am so happy for you!
Love your quilt, great fabrics!

Anya said...

Congratulations to the whole family!

Sherri said...

Congrats on being grandparents again...must be very exciting! I now have two married daughters...so maybe in a couple of years!

Love your butter churn quilt too...it's just gorgeous!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations!!! Your Butter Churn is very, very pretty! And nope. You are NOT the last person to get their Jelly Roll sampler done. Mine is STILL just 12 separate blocks. Sigh. One day it will get done.

Toni said...

Lovely quilt, I saw it on Amy's site a few days ago!!

Congrats on the new grandbaby - it's always exciting to hear!!

Carrie P. said...

congrats on the new grand baby. How exciting!
I just love your new top. such pretty fabrics.

Karamat said...

You're not the last one to complete the Jelly Roll Sampler... I still have one last block to make. I never should have taken it off my sewing table... out of sight, out of mind.

Jodi Nelson said...

Congrats Mary! And LOVE that quilt!!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

The quilt and bag are fabulous and Congrats to you on another grandbaby. As Scarlett O'Hara says "Why I'm peeee green with envy"

Pat (I have the southern drawlll ya'll)

lissa said...

Your French Genral quilt is wonderful. I love the fabric cplacement. Thanks for sharing.

Modalissa.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Love the bag and quilt, both very pretty. Congrats on being a grandparent again, there's nothing like it!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Love your butter churn quilt!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Grandparents again? That is wonderful news. I love the quilt....but Grandkids....now you're talking baby!!!

Smiles,
Kelly

Millie said...

Beautiful quilt, Mary. I love the fabrics, so French looking!

Unknown said...

wow.........Beautiful

Mama Spark said...

Love the quilt, love the bag but by far the BEST news is that you will have a new grandbaby to love!! Congrats!!

imquilternity said...

Gorgeous quilt and the perfect fabric! It's really lovely. I like the Birdie Sling too! Congratulations on being grandparents for a third time....I'm very envious.

Stina Blomgren said...

LOVE your version.. this is the one I liked best..:O))

ranette said...

Love, love, love your butterchurn quilt!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh that french general is great in this pattern. Well done.

MJ said...

Beautiful Butter churn quilt!!! Absolutely beautiful!!