Tutorials

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Last Look At Bliss Between Friends etc.

It's all finished and ready to give to Mom!!!






Great quilting by my favorite LAQer:
 

Funky pieced back:



++++++

A few other finishes:
A minkee quilt I put together for my sister to give her granddaughter.

The name is machine applique.
 

+++++++ 

Magoo by Melly and Me for Miss Audrey:


Time to get back to the sewing machine!

44 readers left a comment:

Terriaw said...

It's so beautiful! I love the white sashing around the little 4-patches, and setting off the 9-patches - creates a cool effect. What a fabulous accomplishment!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Oh, I just love your quilt! Did you use a specific pattern?

Cute little present for Audrey too!

SandyN said...

Wow I LOVE it...

Sandyn

Anne said...

Hi Mary,

Your Bliss quilt is gorgeous. Your Mom is gonna love it!

Megan said...

Mary it is STUNNING!!!! I think a lot of moms are getting Bliss quilts this year!

Jocelyn said...

sigh.......... SO beautiful!

Béa said...

Very beautiful !

Betsy said...

Mary, your mom's quilt is beautiful and I know she will love it. THe Magoo doll is so adorable.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky Mom! Fantastic quilt. I love all Melly and Me softies. Magoo is cute as can be.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh wow, it's all so great! That bliss quilt is beautiful. It wasn't my favorite fabric line in the beginning but it has SO grown on me. I love that little monkey, I wanna squeeze him.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great job on the Bliss quilt! Audrey will love that monkey:)

Kelly O. said...

that quilt is beautiful!

Mama Spark said...

I love how your Bliss quilt came out. So beautiful! That monkey is pretty darned adorable too!!

Barb said...

the quilt your made your mom is just fabulous...love the colors...just love it.

Yvette said...

I love it!!! I must get me some of that Bliss fabric!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

MAGOO!!! I STILL need to finish Amelia's. I've only been working on it for 2 years! Can I pass along what I've done so far and you can finish it??! LOL!

Bliss quilt is super awesome! Your mom is going to love it!

Rene' said...

What a beautiful quilt for your Mom!!!! Very pretty! Great quilting by your longarmer and love the pieced back.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, your mom is going to love having that quilt to wrap up in. It is fabulous and so are all the other gifts. Magoo is too cute.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

What lovely projects! Audrey is going to love her monkey!

Allison said...

Its beautiful...she's going to love it...who couldn't love a quilt made with bliss? :) Have a great one- Al

KatieQ said...

The quilt is Bliss, but the monkey is divine.

Talin's Corner said...

Love your quilt, and I love Magoo too.

Sheri Howard said...

Oh so darling! Love the Bliss!

Unknown said...

lovely. hugs from italy

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, I love your Magoo...cutest colorway on that monkey, yet. :)

Lynn Koeppen said...

Beautiful Bliss quilt! I recognize that pattern!

Toni said...

I still love mom's quilt....just beautiful!! The monkey is TOOOO precious! You have been busy with your holiday sewing this year!!

Diane said...

Your Bliss quilt is beautiful! I like the way you did the border with the strips.

julia said...

such a BEAUTIFUL quilt, mary...love it!!!! and the quilting is gorgeous!
and the magoo is soooo cute...
julia

Cindy said...

I am so TICKLED I stopped by. It's been far too long. I'm trying to catch-up in blogland but I'm slow this time of year, catching up on sewing as well.

Please know I haven't forgotten you, Mary.

Miss Audrey will wrap her arms around this cutie. Oh my goodness, it's adorable.

And so is your quilt - blissfully beautiful!!

Kirsten said...

What a great quilt...wish I could do that..awsome!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Mary - I love your Between Charming Friends quilt - gorgeous (and the pieced back is too cute)! And, oh my gosh - I just LOVE that monkey! SO cute - and love the pink fabric, too!

Anonymous said...

Her mom is going to love it! Oh...and the monkey is just too fun!!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Geez....those are something else Mary....I love your work (you already knew that). Your quilts are always amazing....and that Monkey...oh now I want one too!!! Who's pattern is it?

Smiles,
Kelly

Patty said...

I love your quilt! Does the pattern have a name. And the pink monkey is darling. I'd love to have one of those for myself!

Michele said...

Beautiful projects!

Micki said...

I love your quilt and Magoo is just adorable.
Micki

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Beautiful quilt that you made for your mom!! Magoo is just too cute. :-)

Kim said...

Love your Between Friends! It's a really fun quilt design. :-D And Magoo is just super!!

Wendy said...

It's just so stunning! Great Job!

JariJari said...

Your mom will be delighted! The quilt is wonderfully done..love it! Sweet looking Minkee quilt for Piper & adorable Magoo too! Great sewing!

Amanda Jean said...

Magoo is sooo cute! the quilt is oh-so-lovely. i bet your mom will LOVE it!

amy smart said...

Mary - Your quilt is gorgeous!! What a treasure. And Magoo is very adorable. :)

Camille said...

OH MY! Lovely! What a lucky mom you have.