Tutorials

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Don't Look Kara!

It's so hot here, I thought Audrey might need one more sun dress, and one more sun hat.

So I found the Little Miss Sunshine pattern  - Patterns by Annie and some Texture Magic by Superior Threads which I have never used.  I did see a demonstration on it last week when we went on our Shop Hop.
Then I found four fatquarters of Shade Garden by Michelle Engel Bencsko for Henry Glass.  

Here are the results:

I'll probably give it to her tomorrow, so I don't want her mommy to look at the photos now.

I also finished block number twelve for the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along:
Maybe a little more contrast would have been good, but this is what I had to work with.

I'm anxious to get this one put together!

27 readers left a comment:

Betsy said...

Mary, audrey is going to be the best dressed baby in town!

Sandy said...

OMGosh, that dress and hat are too darling!! My 12th block is going to be a little of this and a little of that...jelly roll has gotten a lot smaller!

Barb said...

So cute!!

Vals Quilting said...

that is so truly adorable!!
I'm so glad you shared :)
Valerie
http://www.PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting/

Toni said...

Too adorable and the block looks great!

Mary said...

What an adorable outfit!

Cyndi said...

Ooooh, that little dress and hat are sooo cute! Audrey is going to look so sweet in that! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Quilted Librarian said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see Audrey's fall wardrobe.
I know you are having a ball, Mary.
Warmest regards,
Dana

Strictly Sewing said...

Stinkin' CUTE!

Janet said...

Cutie-patootie!! Love the hat and dress.

Karen said...

Mary that is just so adorable - I sure hope I am blessed with a granddaughter some day so I can make sweet little dresses :).

Hugs- karen

Anya said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Elin said...

Oh, this is just sooo cute. You are very clever!

Candace said...

Oh to be a little girl again - she is going to squeal with delight over this outfit, Mary! Hot here, too so I think I'll turn on the A/C and sew today - you've inspired me!
Cheers!

Dandelion Quilts said...

How sweet! Her mama is going to love it

mascanlon said...

Couldn't be any cuter Mary. Now I am inpsired to start planning my 21/2 yr old granddaughters Fall outfits. I saw your comment on the Moda bakeshop...dickies! wow I do remember them growing up in Chicago. Have a great weekend!

Zlaty said...

The dress is so adorable! I love it!

Lori said...

How adorable is that?!

Micki said...

Boy is she going to look good in that dress and I love your block!
Micki

cathleen said...

Mary, sweet, adorable and just so pretty!!!

Aunt Spicy said...

Stop it! That is just the sweetest thing ever!

imquilternity said...

Oh my gosh! Cute, cute, cute! Are you going to show up the photo when she's dressed up in it?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

This makes me sad that my baby girl isn't a baby anymore!! ADORABLE dress and hat, Mary!! Audrey is going to look like a million bucks in it. I can't wait to see her picture, modeling it for us! Your block looks great too!

Vicki ♥ said...

I love the dress and hat....just so cute :) You are so clever!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the dress. That texture magic is great. And your 12th block is done! Yayy. I gotta get on that and sew mine together. Thanks for the motivation.

Sammy said...

This is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I love your choice of color, Not too girly girly, and yet you mange to make a beautiful dress for a young lady. Very, Very well done.
I am really impressed.

Love,


-Samya ;-0

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

HOw cute is that? and how much fun are you having sewing clothes for her!!! hugs!