I used my Friday night to catch up on the Jelly Roll Quilt Along and the Designer Mystery BOM.
I think the floral fabric was too large of print and I could have arranged the colors better, but I like the block pattern. Maybe I'll try another one with different fabric now that I see the photo.
This Designer Mystery Block of the Month was a lot of fun to make:
I actually followed another blogger's (was it you?) tip and made two of each block since there was enough fabric:
And of course, it's much easier to make two at the same time rather than come back a month later and make the second one. This is the first BOM that I've purchased and I'm very happy with the pattern, fabric and results.






27 readers left a comment:
Great progress tonight, Mary! Two blocks - wonderful. :-)
Love your blocks...
Love the presents and santa hat. This is going to be such a cute quilt.
I love all of what you showed here today. I need to make that jelly roll block, too. I usually do them quickly but this time I am way behind. :(
Those blocks are so cute. That BOM is going to look great. Good idea to make more than one block
Where are you getting the BOM? It is adorable.
The BOM is adorable. Would you please share where to find the pattern? Thanks
that is a very smart idea! they definitely give you enough fabric to complete two...
This is such an adorable BOM. I'm surprised so much fabric for each month (so uncommon!) Are you sure it doesn't say to be used later in pieced blocks or border?
that BOM is darling...and your JRQA block is great!
The blocks are so sweet!
Micki
I know I'm going to regret not doing the mystery block-of-the-month. The fabrics are wonderful. That's going to be a lovely quilt.
Ahh, you are inspiring me to catch up too.
They look great! So cute! I really like you jelly roll quilt block, looks good to me.
OO I love your BOM! I might have to get my own patterns! I like your mystery block as well, I'm not fond of doing them myself, but looks like your colors work well!
OMG...I am dying, those are just fabulous!
I'm loving that BOM! Great fabrics and very cute blocks!! How fun.
What a great idea! I was just putting all the extra fabric aside from the BOM but maybe I'll make the extra blocks and give it to someone next year... your block 11 looks great too! I'm working on mine. Slowly but surely.
Very cute BOM Mary.
I love your FQS BOM! Congratulations on your win over at Kansas Troubles!!!
Nope I'm sorry... that was at Abbey Quilts!!! (not enough tea yet this morning)!
Mary, I'd love to know the designer and pattern of this BOm. Do you know? It's so adorable. Thanks
What a great idea.. I haven't done mine yet.. but, I think I will do two also.. Love your blocks and thanks for sharing.
Catching up reading your blog. Thanks for taking a trip with me to Asheville.
Wow, that is great that you got so much extra fabric for that BOM to make 2.
Your other blocks look very nice. And that little sun dress is the sweetest.
I love this block. REEEALLLY love it.
I'm pretty sure it was MEEE that suggested that you make 2 of each block. Unfortunately I could not do that with the third block, bummer.
Cute!!
Post a Comment