I did it!
I finished Audrey's Baptismal Gown! (Don't look Kara!!)
After a full weekend of hand stitching, the gown, slip, bonnet and bloomers are complete. The ceremony is on Sunday. I can't wait to see it on Audrey.
And I finally did some other sewing:
First I finished my number ten Jelly Roll Quilt Along block:
And I made Block One of the Designer Mystery BOM from Fat Quarter Shop using the 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain:
Good thing too that I finished it - Block two arrived in the mail today!
Now on to some other fun sewing! Have a great week.









46 readers left a comment:
Absolutely beautiful!! What a treasure she will be wearing. I know you must be so glad you made it....even after all that work :)
Smiles,
Kelly
How absolutely lovely!
Ohh that gown is just lovely and will look stunning on sweet little Audrey. Your sewing is amazing and the blocks are fabulous too. Wow..you have been busy Mary :) Hugs Vicki
The gown and bonnet are beautiful! What a treasure!
Gorgeous Mary! Simply gorgeous! Your blocks look great too. No block 2 in my mailbox yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
The gown and bonnet are simply beautiful. How special that you made it.
The gown is absolutely stunning! And your blocks are gorgeous :)
The blocks are beautiful, but WOW, the baptismal gown is just beautiful!!
The baptismal set is just beautiful!! Love your blocks too. :0)
Wow, that gown set is so gorgeous! Looks like a lot of work went into that. You have been so productive with the quilt blocks too. Love to see you're having fun!
Lovely Christening gown Mary. I hope you post pictures of the event.
Beautiful gown! You really have been busy sewing!
The gown is phenominal Mary! Truly the beginning of a family heirloom!
The gown is absolutely beautiful. I don't have to tell you that we will want to see pictures of it on pretty little Audrey, right? :)
That gown is just beautiful, all the detail work...just wonderful.
The gown is just beautiful. What a lucky little girl to have you for a grandmother. Your blocks look great. I love your happy colors!
Lovely baptismal outfit. This will be an heirloom that I hope many future generations will enjoy too! Absolutely lovely. Also love your other projects too. Delightful post.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Goodness, Mary, you have been busy! And the Baptismal Gown and Bonnet are absolutely beautiful! I'm sure this will be a treasured heirloom for her, especially since it was made by her grandmother!
XOXO,
Cyndi
Nice job with your sewing. I've sewn clothes plenty so I know good sewing when I see it. Audrey is going to be so cute in her new gown and bonnet.
Super gorgeous gown and the bonnet is beautiful. What a great job!! Can't wait to see a bay in it. Nice blocks too.
Oh my your gown set is stunning. It will be handed down from one child to another. How very special. I am looking forward to seeing her in it!
Wow Beautiful!
The gown is fabulous Mary!!!!! You are so awesome! They will treasure that forever! Hugs!
Precious! Can't wait to see photos of Audrey wearing it. Love your blocks too.
Beautiful stitching on the gown, I'm sure Audrey will look very angelic on Sunday.
Beautiful Mary, your grandchild will be gorgeous in it.
The baptismal gown is too precious, Mary! I'm sure it is destined to become a family heirloom.
Super blocks but I have to admit...the gown is my favorite. *wink*
Wow, Mary, that gown set us gorgeous! GREAT job!!! Love your blocks too!!
The gown is fabulous. Definitely a family heirloom in the making
Love and hugs Gina xxx
That is a beautifull christening dress ,the detail photos show how much work you put in to it, and the blocks that you made are very nice the christmas fabric is so cute I have seen it on other blogs, nice work .
What a beautiful gown.
Oh, the gown is so sweet. I still have my Christening gown and I used it with all my kids. Yours will sure to become and heirloom too.
Fabulous blocks.
WTG!!! that is SO beautiful. i am so amazed!! and nice other blocks too, you are on it!
Wow Mary! I'm blown away by the gown. It's sure to become a family heirloom.
Mary! It's so beautiful!! What a feat, I love the bonnet especially :) I'm sure you enjoyed every moment!
The gown is beautiful...something for your family to treasure! you must be thrilled!
beautiful! this gown is sure to become a family treasure!
randi
http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/
The gown is simply lovely and what a treasure it will be on little Audrey. :-) Your blocks are looking good, too. Nice and cheery!
Oh Mary, It is GORGEOUS! You rock! Have fun kissing and squeezing on your grandbaby!
what a beautiful gown, Mary! i hope you gave yourself a good pat on the back. it's wonderfuL!!!
Absolutely beautiful!!
That is sew lovely! How awesome are you? Very awesome!
Hugs & stitches!
Elegance, perfection, pure beauty.
Oh, this is a treasure for sure. What a gift of love. And beauty! You did such a wonderful job! What a lucky granddaughter to have you for her grandma. :) Have a special day tomorrow!
It's sooo beautiful! You did a fantastic job -- I say it was time well spent.
Just beautiful!!! Love everything about it. Congratulations on your granddaughter and a job well done on her gorgeous christening gown.
Post a Comment