Tutorials

Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Bliss Between Friends!

I finished the top of my Bliss Between Friends quilt today.  The fabric is Bliss by Camille and Bonnie for Moda and the pattern is Between Friends from Darlene of Quilting Daze.  Thank you Camille, Bonnie and Darlene!  I'm really liking this quilt.
 
 
You would probably rather see it finished, but I think it deserves a border or two from the Bliss line.  I only have a fat quarter stack from quilt market.
I had some extra help this week putting this quilt top together.

Jordyn came for two days and spent part of the time playing hide and seek behind my sewing cabinet.
 

After that, we went swimming!

46 readers left a comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

So pretty in the dappled sunlight. Darling little helper.

Darlene said...

OMG, Mary it's fabulous! I love it!!!! And, you're very welcome, I hope you enjoyed my silly pattern. :-)

I'm working with Bliss today, too.

Patty said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I didn't see the pattern on her site. Is it one she sold at some time?

Betsy said...

Beautiful quilt Mary and what a lovely little helper.

Trudi said...

Wow What a beauty Mary! I love this quilt! I agree additional borders :)

Barb said...

Your quilt is just wonderful Mary......and I too love your little helper....so cute!

Cardygirl said...

The quilt is beautiful.

Nanette Merrill said...

Look at that cute face! Love the quilt Mary.

Sinta Renee said...

I agree with your little cutie pie! It's adorable:) I can't wait to play with Bliss!!! I am so envious of those who got to play first:)

Millie said...

Mary, your quilt and your helper is beautiful. I think she will be a good quilter one of these days!

CJ said...

Beautiful!! I don't think you can go wrong with Bliss but this is really beautiful.
WHERE can we get the pattern?? I don't see any patterns for sale on Darlene's blog.

CJ said...

Rene directed me to the quilt along on Charming Girls :D I wasn't interested in the quilt along cuz the quilt was so little. You SUPER SIZED yours!! :D

Dandelion Quilts said...

How beautiful, how blissful. :) Love it. She is a cutie.

Cyndi said...

I love that quilt, Mary! Simply bliss! And Jordyn is a cutie pie. How wonderful to have such a sweet little helper!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Darlene said...

Mary - I've posted a link to my free pattern on my blog! Thanks bunches!

paulette said...

Absolutely stunning!! Beyond bliss!! Well done!
Paulette

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Mary -- It's turned out great!

Carol said...

Beautiful! I love it and I love the Bliss fabric.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a cute helper!! The quilt is gorgeous! I too have a Bliss jelly roll and some charm packs. Just debating what pattern to use!

Unknown said...

Boy that is bliss! Very beautiful quilt!

Pat said...

What a pretty quilt!!! I will have a quilt helper in a few weeks myself...mine is a few years older than yours but also very cute (like yours)!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

lovely! you've been busy!

Karamat said...

Love it!! I made some Bliss 4-patches for an idea I had in my head... and now I'm stalled because it just hasn't worked out like I imagined. I might have to re-source them into something like this.

Janet said...

It looks fabulous and so fresh! Love the little helper you have there.

Carol said...

Mary it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magoo said...

that is AMAZING!! i love it!

Cindy said...

Mary, This is simply gorgeous!! I love Darlene's pattern.

LOL, I see someone peaking up at you....

Kim Brackett said...

This quilt makes me happy! If I could print the picture poster-size, I would frame it! The pattern is adorable, and that fabric is so precious.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Mary it is so beautiful. I love white in a quilt, makes everything look so clean and crisp.
How cute is Jordyn!!!! Sounds like the perfect day!

Sherri said...

Perfect combination of fabric and pattern...absolutely LOve it! I have a little Bliss project that I can't finish yet either...it also needs Blissful borders! (Not to mention all the projects I can't wait to start with Bliss)!

quiltmom anna said...

Love your quilt Mary- so very pretty and I like the contrast of the nine patch colors with the white - so fresh looking. That Bliss fabric is really lovely.

Jordyn is a cutie- I have a great niece that looks about the same age with the same name. She will turn 3 next week.
Thanks for sharing the lovely quilt.
Regards,
Anna

Bunny said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, love the cutie too she is adorable. I had a look at the christening dress you did an amazing job. Your quilts are all lovely. Have not visited in a while I had a nice look around.

Marie said...

beautiful -- both the quilt and jordan !

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is wonderful. Your little helper is such a sweetie. I bet she really helped you with all your work. :)

Kim D. said...

Beautiful Quilt Mary!! The white makes it really pop. That Jordyn is a cutie.

Mama Spark said...

I love this pattern and it looks super in Bliss!

imquilternity said...

Gorgeous quilt, Mary. The swimming part sounds awfully good too!

pinsandneedles said...

What a cute little helper!! Your quilt top looks lovely using Bliss! What FUN!

Carrie P. said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I kind of like it without borders.

Lynn Koeppen said...

Love your quilt! Mine is almost done. I ran out of fabric as well, so had to order more. Bummer, huh? :-)

Béa said...

Very very beautiful ! Hugs from France.

Jonathan said...

Oh my gosh, that is just beautiful! I have a bliss jelly roll waiting for me. I just may need to make another Between Friends quilt. That is, if I ever finish the one I already started. LOL

What a cutie pie you have there too!

Rose Marie said...

Your version is lovely and I've been itching to make this pattern for a while now.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

It's gorgeous! Don't you just love Darlene's pattern - and the Bliss fabric, too! And, what a sweet little helper you have!

Alyson said...

That quilt is beautiful!! Wonderful, i think i need to get that pattern!

Amanda Jean said...

oh, i love this, mary!!! what a beautiful quilt! yes, it does scream for borders. can't wait to see it all finished!