Tutorials

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Favorite Bag and other tales

I wish Quilt Market was in Minneapolis every year.  My life has gotten more exciting! 
Yesterday I had a meetup with Melissa of Yummy Good blog and got a sneak peak at her new book Small Stash Sewing which is being released at market!  It has lots of great projects in it!  I can't wait to get it.

And today, guess who stopped by my house?
Anne has a new line of fabric debuting at Market with her new association with Moda!
 And along with her was Anne of Cottons 'n Wool blog.
And what were they doing at my house you ask?  Well, my project that was connected to Quilt Market was to buy props for the Bunny Hill booth.  So they came by to pick them up today - and drop off my pass to attend! Yipee!!

So I needed a new bag.
I had this pattern that I had won from Amy at Katie Cupcake:
And I had these eight fat quarters of South Hampton by Franchelle Contreras for Henry Glass:



But here were the fabric requirements:

And I didn't want to buy any more fabric NOW, before going to quilt market AND I didn't!!!  (Is this a Stash Manicure tip?) I made it fat quarter friendly.
I made it work (by using a plain white I had on hand for the lining only)!!

Here is my new bag:


And here is the back:


This is a large bag.  It's 18" tall - 15" wide and 5" deep!  Plenty of room for going to Quilt Market!  

And just because, here's Audrey:

17 readers left a comment:

Nancy said...

What a lucky duck!! The bag is beautiful... Have a great time at market...

Anonymous said...

Love the bag, great size. My gosh Audrey's growing like a weed.

Cindy said...

Mary, I simply LOVE this pattern. I've never seen it before. If I ever see that pattern, I do believe it's jump right into my hands.

....and just because.......is perfection quaranteed.

Janet said...

What a lovely bag to have for the summer. So bright and happy! I want to make a bag for the summer too. I love the photos of Audrey. She is such a cutie.

Pat said...

What fun to have such guests at your house. The bag is lovely but Audrey is just exquisite!!!

Kim D. said...

Mary, You luck duck, so envious that you met the two Anne's.. Love your new bag and that little Audrey is so precious.. Cute ribbon in her hair.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

I am so happy for you and a tad bit green... missed you at the meeting tonight! Have a good time and take LOTS of photos!

Sherri said...

You met both Anne's on the same day...and they came to your house...and you get to go to quilt market...and your bag is wonderful...wow! I hope you can take lots of pictures to share...I'm feeling so sad not to be there...I have 5 quilts there!

Janet said...

I'm waving out to Audrey. It's nice her parents let you brag. Love the bag a lot, especially the grommets. Your mixing with the elite in the quilting world, lucky you.

Vicki ♥ said...

Love your new bag and you have a great time at the market :) Gorgeous baby too :)

Betsy said...

Congratulations Mary. I have been wanting to go to quilt market or a quilt show. It has been a long time since I have gone to one. I love your bag and Audrey is growing soooooooooo fast.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Take lots of pictures at Market! And what a GREAT bag! I'll have to add it to my list of purchases. Thank you the sweet picture of Audrey. :)

Rose Marie said...

A perfect bag for summer to take along anywhere. I think beautiful Audrey would fit nicely in that bag.

Quilted Librarian said...

Lucky you, Mary! We will expect a full report from the Quilt Market. The bag is just terrific, too. I hope you fill it all up!
All the best,
Dana

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, how fun to "shop for props"! And your bag is awesome. I looked at those grommet things at Firefly quilt shop last week and thought I might give it a try sometime. Janice the owner said they are easy to do. Little Audrey is a doll. :-) Might see you at Market. I'll know you by your bag!!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, I am drooling over that bag. You did such a good job deciding where to put each fabric, Mary...too cute. I just have to get that pattern. DARLING! Have fun at Market...I didn't know you were so connected in the quilting world, you will have fun!

Darlene said...

So much fun happening in your corner of the world - woohoo for you. :-)

Love the bag - very cute, Mary.