Tutorials

Friday, May 21, 2010

Bloggers Quilt Festival


I made this quilt for my husband for his birthday and wanted something for a man, but not so much that it would look out of place in our home.


I chose this quilt to enter into the Blogger's Quilt festival because even though it is different from my normal style, I love how it turned out.


The fabric is Holly Taylor and the pattern is Starry Nights out of the book Imagination by Kathryn Squibb and Deborah Jacobs.  It is 70" X 84" and was quilted by my local LAQ.
Thanks to Amy for organizing this quilt festival again and thank YOU for stopping by!!

47 readers left a comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

A quilt any man would love to snuggle up to. :o) Rich and handsome.

Terry said...

You did a great job on it! It's beautiful (in a manly sort of way! LOL)

Darlene B said...

I love the rich masculine colors in this quilt. I'm sure your husband will treasure it! dsb448@att.net

Michelle said...

I love how this quilt turned out too! Beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Mary this is beautiful! I love the fabrics. The border fabric really sets it off!

Anonymous said...

Stunning quilt Mary, and all those beautifully matched points. Great color combination, thanks for sharing.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt. Lucky husband!

amy smart said...

Wonderful quilt, Mary. You did an amazing job. I love that border fabric!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

It is nice to see a masculine quilt amongst all the pretty feminine looking quilts! Beautiful!

Meredith said...

That is agreat guy quilt. Really just a great quilt. :)

Sinta Renee said...

Your husbands quilt turned out so rich looking/definately masculine. Isn't he a lucky guy!

Lisa said...

very manly, indeed!

SewCalGal said...

Mary, I love this quilt. Yumm. Masculine, but cozy. It would certainly look great in my home!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Betsy said...

Mary,it looks amazing. It is so hard to find quilts designed for men. Yours is very classy.

Vicki said...

It's beautiful, Mary!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Lucky man! the MAN quilt... ;-)
I love these colors... I need a BROWN quilt... geez, mary, now you got me thinkin~
;-)see ya soon!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

It's a beautiful quilt! You do such lovely work.

Pat said...

That quilt is wonderful and I"m sure your hubby loves it.

Marie said...

Beautiful colors and beautiful quilt

Marika said...

Wonderful beautiful work !

Janet said...

It's an awesome guy quilt. It's so hard choosing something for them but you nailed it.

Nat Palaskas said...

I love this quilt Mary. I'm glad you are in the BQF too. Isn't this fun - Hugs Nat

Kaaren said...

Beautiful, Mary. Anything with stars just speaks to me.

Army Wife Quilter said...

i made a quilt for my husband. he loved it. but he wont use it. he wants to be buried with it. MEN! great job. I love you opening quilt too.

Micki said...

That is just a lovely quilt!Great job!
Micki

Becky said...

Stunning! I live in an all male household (even the dog) They would love this quilt. Very masculine. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Fabulous Man quilt Mary, isn't it wonderful that the men in our lives are happy to snuggle up under something we have made for them? Thanks for sharing xo

Carol said...

That's a very handsome quilt. Nice to see a different interpretation of familiar blocks.

AnnieO said...

The testosterone didn't overwhelm the design, it could be entirely neutral. I like the strong browns and the stars. Your husband must love it. Thank you for sharing your quilt's story :)

Kathy said...

Very nice to see a quilt that was made for your husband. It has a very classic look and you're right, it would be wonderful as wall piece. Thank you for sharing it.

Allie said...

What a stunning quilt - I bet he loves it!

Kim Brackett said...

Great quilt, Mary! So nice and masculine. I love the border print!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Lucky, lucky guy!

Kim said...

You guy has got to be pleased with his quilt and so very proud of his favorite quilter. :-D

Angie Padilla said...

What a wonderful guy quilt. It's not easy doing masculine quilts, but you sure nailed it.

Karen said...

That is a great quilt for a man. The pattern and fabrics so totally appropraite.

Nanette Merrill said...

Well it is beautiful Mary. Nicely done. And what a keepsake for him.

Heather said...

HI Mary, Very lovely quilt for hubby. Lucky guy.

Denise said...

Great quilt! Love the warm colors

Ariane said...

What a beautiful quilt. What a lucky husband. Thanks for sharing it with us.

QuiltSue said...

A wonderful quilt.

Sew Lovins said...

Gorgeous

Dallas Designing-Diva said...

Great starry nights.
Randi
http://DivaBuzz.designing-diva.com

Julia said...

I think the top of your blog with the circle quilt is spectacular. That is a show stopper!

Sandra said...

What a lovely sophisticated quilt-love the double stars.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
(1890 double star)
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Great quilt...bet your husband is thrilled with it!

Eileen said...

lovely and such a good example of something a man could really enjoy but anyone can enjoy it. a great job! thanks for sharing. come see my little giveaway this week: http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/