Next....how to quilt it? I appreciate all the ideas I got on my thrift shop rescue, so hopefully you will help me out on this one too!!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Woo Hoo - the Geese are all in the Same Forrest!!
I am so happy to have this together. You see, the small hiccup that Anina of Twiddletails who created the awesome pattern (as a block of the month) referred to actually involved REMAKING 46 BLOCKS!! My printer decided to resize the templates I printed on almost half of the blocks. Only by about 1/2 inch, so not noticeable to my eye UNTIL I tried to put them together. Yes, I needed to remake them to get this to turn out the way it should be.
Next....how to quilt it? I appreciate all the ideas I got on my thrift shop rescue, so hopefully you will help me out on this one too!!
Next....how to quilt it? I appreciate all the ideas I got on my thrift shop rescue, so hopefully you will help me out on this one too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



28 readers left a comment:
Geez Mary wish i could help you with some quilting ideas but that is my constant challengne. I have to say that I have seen several of these out there and yours is by far the best.
Oh my goodness it's terrific. I can't imagine remaking 46 blocks! Are you doing a border? Just wondering.
It looks fantastic!! There are so many ways in which you can quilt this one. I have tons of ideas floating in my head. You can go very simple and just echo the trees with straight lines inside and out. You can do a simple overall design like lines going vertical or horizontal. You can do a more patterned overall design too. But I think on this, I would go simple. I still have to start mine!
ohhh... all the geese in the forrest and they seem to be happy ones too!!!!
Love the top!!! :o)
The flying geese are wonderful! I love the colours that you used.
Micki
OMG! I am SO very impressed! You're the winner. :o)
As for quilting, I was thinking I would stitch in the ditch around the trees (and maybe some echo quilting inside them) and then fill the background in with stippling. That should make the little trees pop out a little.
OMG - remaking 46 blocks deserves some sort of reward, Mary! I'd go for the nearest chocolate stash! How about quilting it with snowflakes or even some of the old fashioned Christmas tree lights!
Cheers!
First - I love this!! What an accomplishment :)
I thought close, organic, vertical lines when I first saw it - it's so perfect, a little movement would be interesting. My two cents :)
Oh that's too bad that you had to redo so many blocks.
As for quilting, I think I would do an all over snowflake pattern on it to make it seem like it's snowing in the forest and I would use a shimmery barely gray thread.
I forgot to mention, your quilt top looks amazing!
Well done!
Superb quilt. Love the colors. Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon
its so nice! I am kicking my self for not downloading all those patterns... looks great mary!
FAbulous quilt! I have no idea about the quilting, because I am no good at the quilting part.
This is just a gorgeous quilt! It must have hurt to redo the blocks. What are you doing to do with the ones that weren't the correct size?
Jaw-dropping-gorgeous! Wow! I say straight lines, I love the graphic nature of the quilt and think straight lines, or diagonal, would be lovely!
Mary, your quilt is stunning. I just had to "unsew" one small little block and you had to remake 47 blocks. You are a true quilter and the quilt is fabulous.
For quilting ideas...what about stitching in the ditch or a good old meandering or stippeling?
Truly a work of art. Absolutely beautiful!
Fantastic quilt!
I would use an "all-over" quilting design so as not take away from the piecing.
so pretty......a simple quilting, however.....i'm not sure what that would be. nothing to take away from the beauty of this
That is one amazing quilt!! It has turned out to be really fabulous and I too wouldnt know how to quilt it either. Look forward to seeing it done. hugs Vicki
This is fabulous, I just can't imagine redoing all those blocks. Kudos to you for your tenacity... that would have tested me. I can't think of any specific quilting ideas...perhaps something simple & modern?
Beautiful quilt! I have no idea what to tell you on this one!
GORGEOUS...it is well worth all of your extra time. Great job. Jackie's ideas seemed like good ones to me. BTW- CONGRATS, you won my giveaway! Send me your address.
OH MY!! It is fabulous. Maybe some kind of allover design that has small trees in it. Or maybe some kind of swirly design in each triangle. I like the idea of vertical and horizontal lines too.
I just saw your sunset picture on the Selvage Blog. Awesome!!
mary,
this is so amazing...i wish it were mine...i wish it were mine...i wish i had made more of my blocks!
Hi Mary...just getting around to catching up on several bloggers....this one is stunning!!!
Wow, it's awesome Mary. Good job on re-doing those blocks, what a champion you are.
This is just great! How wonderful to finish it... well done!
Post a Comment