Tutorials

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spicy Spiral Table Runner

Last Thursday, nine of us from the quilt guild got together (after doing some homework first) and each made the Spicy Spiral Table Runner from School House Quilts.
It is a great pattern using the nine degree ruler but it was great to have an instructor who had made it previously. Working in pairs cutting out the wedges from our strata was very helpful. Everyone's was so different and so beautiful. You can click on the photo and see the individual fabrics better.

I can happily say all eight fabrics needed for the runner, plus the binding and backing came from my stash too!



I just finished the binding this morning. This was such a fun project. Next I am going to use the nine degree ruler for a tree skirt.

14 readers left a comment:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Absolutely gorgeous - piecing & fabrics!

Gina said...

It's fabulous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anina said...

Now that looks like a fun project!

JustCindy said...

Very nice!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

oh wow! I'm so glad I could enlarge the pictures to see how you did that! lets see what you do with a tree skirt! beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is one great runner! I believe I have that ruler. That may be another to do project!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh I love your color choices...so elegant and pretty. It looks so difficult, too. Wonderful job!

Linda said...

I have made a few of these too. Let me know if you want some instructions that make it easier! I made one with all the veggie fabric and another with all the fruit fabric. Fun things! I also only had the 10 degree ruler and it came out fine.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Wonderful project! Simply stunning!

Pat

Carrie P. said...

Such a really neat and different pattern. I love your version. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen this one before...lots of possibilites...share more as you get em done!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow It looks gorgeous. I haven't got a clue how you made it though. :-)

Candace said...

How clever, Mary! I love the color choices - can't wait to see how it does a tree skirt!
Cheers!

Rose Marie said...

Now that topper is different ..... lovely!