Tutorials

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Very Special Quilt

Last year I joined seven other quilter in the Instagram Traveling Quilt Bee #igtqb and it was the greatest experience. Each of us created our inspiration mosaic and also started a journal telling our likes and dislikes for our quilt.

Next we created our starting section for our very own quilt and at the end of the month sent it to the next person on our list. Each one of us secretly added to the quilt that month and again sent it on it's way. At the end we each got our own finished quilt top!

Here is mine after quilting by Amy's Creative Side and binding:

It is one of my very favorite quilts.

P.S. I started my quilt with the five feathers.

15 readers left a comment:

Needled Mom said...

That is fabulous! The colors are all so pretty as are the designs. I have been wanting to do a feather designed quilt myself.

Sara said...

Really beautiful and I love the feathers you started with. I just finished binding a round robin project done with guild friends. And we did a row robin a couple of years ago. It was really fun to open that box each month and try to decide how to add to the project while sticking to the owners vision.

Julie said...

I love this! Wish I had a group to do this with. You are very lucky.

Carla said...

Wow. With each addition, it just better and better !

Kay said...

This is stunning. you must be absolutely thrilled. x

Abby and Stephanie said...

From feather start to striped binding finish, fab! I love these types of projects. Used to do them with a quilt friendships group when I was a "newer" quilter and I found it really stretched my imagination. :o)

Barb said...

what a super fun group project. Your quilt is wonderful - looks like everyone did a great job adding to your quilt. I'll have to check out the IG hashtag

Missy Shay said...

What a special quilt! It's beautiful!

Bobbie said...

Beautiful!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

WOW!! Totally awesome, Mary!

Amanda Jean said...

This quilt is utterly amazing! I'm so glad you had such a beautiful result from the bee. That's wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person!

Anne said...

I came upon your blog through Crazy Mom's pin cushion blog hop, and I had to comment on this quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous! I could just sit here and stare and stare at it! Great job!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

What a lovely quilt. I really like the palette. One of these days I just might make some feathers for myself. they are so nice.

OPQuilt said...

I love this! All your traveling mates did a great job on matching up their creations to your original idea. Lovely, and a lovely addition to your quilt collection. Now I wonder where mine is. . . our traveling bee seems to keep collapsing, and the boxes of blocks get stuck somewhere in the pipeline. I hope to have it finished by Christmas, if only I can pry it loose from the quilter before me! Your quilt gives me hope.

aynge said...

WOW!