Tutorials

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I love summer!

Summer is crazy busy & my favorite season of the year. We have the whole family over all at once every summer and it is so much fun. Just picture seven children between 18 months old and five years old, add a lake, sun & sand, mix thoroughly & that is what we had!

I made another block for our Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild charity quilt.

I decided on a sixteen patch king size quilt for my precious Katie Jump Rop stash and have a small start - 52 blocks to go!

I made my daughter pillows to go with the Terrain quilt I made for her:

I gave Brandon a little boy haircut after swimming one day.

Have you heard that Amanda (Crazy Mom Quilts) has a new fabrics line with Connecting Threads coming out next month called Good Neighbors? I started a little project using it.

I covered a few hexagon cork bulletin boards for Audrey using Briar Rose to match her quilt and curtains. I also made a few matching push pins.

Brandon needs a tote bag for "school" so I used some vintage fabric to make it unique!

Here are the blocks for Rene' Creates for August Sew Sister's bee.

and here is the block for Mary for August Mid-Century Modern Bee.

Have you been following the Cultivate blog tour?

It is a beautiful line of fabric! I am part of the tour and have already sewn something. I'll be posting next Friday!

http://www.goinghometoroost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/dates.jpg

8 readers left a comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

You are a very talented lady and I love how you do such a variety of "things." All awesome. LOVING the elephant tote for "school" and especially love that sweet little model you have there.

Needled Mom said...

Aww....that little guy is darling and so handsome with the new haircut. Your blocks are beautiful and I love that cute elephant tote.

Summer is always busy as we try to cram everything into it. Yes....I can imagine how wonderful it is with all of the little ones around at once.

Carla said...

Well Mary, you are way ahead of me this month. Your annual gathering sounds fantastic. I have a big family hoopla planned for the 30th. We will be celebrating 5 birthdays. I'm planning on games for the 'big' boys and tons of food. Not sure if I will post pictures, but we will see ; )

OPQuilt said...

So many fun things here, Mary. Of course your little grandson steals the show, but all your other creations are quite fun, too. I love the pillow for your daughter, as well as the other sewing you've whipped up (or feels like you "whipped" up!). Happy summer to you, too!

Shelly said...

You are one busy busy lady! Love all the pictures!

Shelina said...

You have been really busy! All the projects are wonderful. I like the pillows the best.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Wow you've been busy busy. Your little basket is so cute. I still need to get mine made. Haven't been in the studio much at all the last couple of months. Guess I need to get busy.

mascanlon said...

So many fun and different projects! And I love the big family gatherings too!