Tutorials

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Animals and flowers

A friend liked the kitty placemat I recently gave away here om my blog, so I made one for her and surprised her by sending it to her.

My daughter-in-law had a great idea for a personalized baby shower gift - to use fabric from her bridesmaid dress in the baby quilt.

For the front I used blocks and fat quarters from Amy Schimler and backed it with the dress fabric!

I really liked this print from Anna Maria Horner's Pretty Potent line and made some new pillowcases.

 

They work well with Single Girl!

 

16 readers left a comment:

Carla said...

They work great with single girl! Such an awesome quilt by the way : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the fussy cut cats - that is a sweet line. And the pillow cases are just perfect.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the use of the bridesmaid's fabric for the baby quilt back. Perfectly pretty pillowcases for your quilt.

Createology said...

Very thoughtful and kind of you to make and gift another kitty mat. Love the baby quilt and using fabric from the bridesmaid dress is a wonderful idea and gift. Very nice pillowcases and your quilt is gorgeous. Creative Bliss...

Susan said...

Is that echinacea print great! They make beautiful pillowcases! And another sweet placemat! Fun sewing!

Terri said...

Love your sewing project finishes! That placemat is so adorable. And the new pillowcases are beautiful - look fabulous with the Single Girl quilt underneath. This is a good reminder that I need to make some fresh pillowcases.

Missy Shay said...

I love my place mat!

antique quilter said...

that was a great idea using the bridesmaid dress for the backing. ok love that fabric too and using it for pillow cases was such a cute idea too.
very fun place mat btw. I need to start making them as well.
Kathie

Ulla's Quilt World said...

I love your quilts! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

Mary said...

What a great use for a bridesmaids dress! I love that! And the pillow cases are so sweet. I was chatting with a friend the other day and she is making pillow cases for out-of-town guests because they can fold up and fit in a suitcase without taking up too much room. I thought that was a fabulous idea!

Wendy said...

I was a bit surprised at first, thinking your daughter-in-law's bridesmaid dress was rather strange... then I read that you used the dress fabric on the back!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

what a great idea about the baby quilt! Lovely pillowcases too, Mary.

Doris said...

What a great use of that AMH print! And you know I adore that kitty placemat! Beautiful work as always...

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Those pillow case are perfect with the Single Girl.

FlourishingPalms said...

So nice that you can make these things for others! You definitely have the kind of people in your life who admire and appreciate these things. Good for you!

Carrie P. said...

sweet projects you have finished.