Tutorials

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pillow Pair


I finished this pair of pillows this week and named them Tula and Melody!
This one is EEP fabric from the Birds and Bees line by Tula Pink:
I machine quilted it with 12 wt. Aurifil and was very happy with the stitching.
This pillow is from a pannel of Melody Miller's Ruby Star Spring 2011:

I cross stitched the printed bee pattern with no. 8 perle cotton:
I was lucky enough to spend the day with baby Brandon Wednesday:
Isn't he just the sweetest? Oh yes, I made the blanket he is wrapped in out of the beautiful orange strawberry print jersey knit from the Briar Rose line by Heather Ross and backed it with Cuddle by Shannon Fabrics in tomato color.

14 readers left a comment:

SIMPLESEW said...

I love Cross stitching and this looks beautiful, I dont know if you mentioned how you tackled x stitching this, if you did will you link me, you understand, I am holding one of those beautiful babies right now too..

Impera Magna said...

The only thing better than those two cute pillows is that darling baby! What a sweetie...

SIMPLESEW said...

I'm back. 2011 thats what got me. Do you need some patterns for cross stitching? I got a bunch.

Bev said...

He's beautiful! You are lucky to have a baby around! I miss that but do not wish for great grandchildren yet! XO

Susan said...

Lovely cushions but even sweeter baby Brandon!

Carla said...

Your pillows are lovely and so is baby

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

The cross stitch is such a great addition to the pillow. The baby is adorable. Enjoy that sweet smell.

Patty said...

Congratulations on your new grandson. He is just perfect.

barbara woods said...

Love your pillows

charlotte said...

Great pillows. The cross stitch is a lovely addition.

Michele said...

I love these pillows :-) Adorable baby too :-)

Carrie P. said...

awesome pillows!

Rene' said...

Gorgeous pillows and one adorable grandson!!!!!

Diane said...

Love your pillows! I need a couple pillows in my living room, I look at them in stores, am horrified by the price, and tell myself to get busy and make some... These are great inspiration to do so!