Tutorials

Monday, October 1, 2012

Quick Change Trousers and Baby-in-the-Hood Jacket

I made the trousers earlier this sumer for Vince but was waiting to find just the right fabric for the jacket and I think I did:

These patterns are from the Handmade Beginnings book by Anna Maria Horner.

The jacket's main fabric is Nancy Wolff for Kokka with an African print using the back side of the fabric along with sleeve and hood lining of the soft Pastry line also by Anna Maria Horner.

I made it in the six month size but I don't think it will be long before it fits Vince considering his 9 lbs. 3 oz. birth weight.

 

16 readers left a comment:

Terry said...

Oh my goodness! That's so cute! :0)

Impera Magna said...

VERY nice... someone is going to be stylin'!!!

Like the "Grandma Made" label too!

:)

SewCalGal said...

So cute. He is going to look like a fashion trend setter in this outfit.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Karen said...

This is a wonderful outfit. I bet you can't wait to see him in it. I looks great!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh...too cute!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

So, so cute! Such a perfect combination of fabrics!

Carol said...

So dang cute!

Abby and Stephanie said...

You have the gift of putting the perfect fabrics together. I have some "old" Nancy Wolfe fabric that I just can't make myself cut into yet. Those penguins are precious.

Doris said...

That penguin fabric made me squeal with delight!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

So cute! I'll bet his parents just love it!

Michele said...

Soooooo cute!! I love, love, love the penguins!

Mama Pea said...

OMG!!!!! This is so cute! It just made me smile and chuckle!!! Love it!

Live a Colorful Life said...

SO cute, Mary! The fabric is fabulous!

Amanda Jean said...

Wow! That is adorable! Nice job, Mary. :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Adorable!

Sparky said...

First Vince is a dapper fellow and his new outfit, we'll perfect ..you should consider,an infant line....you would do well...