Tutorials

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Job for Mom

When your daughter asks you to fix a hole in an eleven year old quilt of course the answer is yes.

The rest of the story as shown below is that her dog chewed a hole in the quilt!

And then I have to admit that I still have three of the fabrics from the quilt neatly folded in my scrap stash!!

So here is the repaired front:

And the back:

Not perfect, but usable! Not for Abby though.

++++++

I was on a roll with the iphone wristlet so I made three!
 
+++++++
And you might just want to see this cute photo of Vince:
 
 


 

33 readers left a comment:

Sue H said...

Wow -- good job on the patch! I thought that was going to be a sad story, but glad to see it had a great ending. And ADORABLE baby! And iphone cases. That's something I need to find time for.

Rachel said...

Totally impressed with the repair. Only problem I see is that now I want that fabric, and I did note that it is 11 years old. LOL. Cute cases! Adorable baby picture! So peaceful.

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a perfect solutions and it looks like it was there from the beginning. Oh dear...maybe Abby wants her own quilt???

Well yes, more Vince photos, please.

Createology said...

Your paw patch is wonderful to save this beautiful quilt. Fabulous cases you created. Adorable precious Vince. Falling into Autumn Bliss...

Darlene said...

Wow, Mary, your repair is fabulous. Way to go!

Little Vince is a cutie patootie.

Jenny said...

oh my goodness Mary! I still have that pink floral fabric in my stash for a quilt I made 11 years ago for my niece!!!!! funny to think we were using the same fabrics at the same time!!!!
Vince looks like an angel!

Donna~~ said...

Wonderful repair job! (My son brought over a new quilt I'd given them with two similar dog holes that I need to repair--glad to see it works, although not so sure mine can be fixed as well as you did.) Vince looks like a sweetie!

Debbie said...

Super repair job....we would not know if you had not told us!

Impera Magna said...

Wow.... great quilt save! Fantastic! How wonderful you still had some of the fabrics...

Vince = awwwwwww, how sweet!!!


charlotte said...

Great repair, Mary. I have had to do several of those dog-ate-my-quilt repairs. Always a challenge and great when you can pull it off. Vince is precious.

beth said...

YOu're one of those moms that can do ANYTHING! Great repair job!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your patch looks great. I love the iphone wristlets. Where did you get the pattern? And last but most important, Your Grandson is beautiful!

Idle hands, empty brain ... said...

Fab job repairing the quilt!! Weren't you and your daughter lucky that your stash still held some of the fabric:)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh Vince is just beautiful!!!

The quilt looks darn good and I'm not surprised you had some in your stash :)

Giggles,
Kelly

Julia said...

Now that was quite a big bite out of the quilt...great job Mary, looks great...and how amazing that you still had some of that fabric after 11 years..
The little one is so gorgeous..
Julia ♥

AmBeR said...

Thank you, Mommy. Abby says she hopes she's still your favorite granddog.

sandra said...

I did that once with a flannel quilt that I had made for my son (my first large quilt) but than he brought it back the second time and it was just beyond fixing and he was so upset.Quilt is about 20 years old.
Your grandson is so adorable I just want to give him a hug.
Where did you get the pattern for the I phone wristlets I really like them.

Tatkis said...

Wow, you did a great job repairing this quilt!
Iphone cases are beautiful!
And Vince is soooo sweet :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Mary said...

Great repair! We had a gerbil chew away at a quilt corner! Grrrr! Love your wristlets. And Vince is so precious :)

Gene Black said...

Where did you get the iPhone wristlet pattern? I need to make one for the Nana.

Michelle said...

Oh, the things we do for our children :-) Great job on the repair!! And Vince is absolutely adorable!!!

Mary Jo said...

Adorable grandson. you did a super job on fixing up that quilt.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Wow that as a big hole! And you did a most excellent job. And those iPhone wristlets are adorable. But not NEARLY as cute as Vince. And you know what I mean--nothing, but nothing, beats grandchildren.

Lynette said...

Whoa! That is one excellent repair job. Seriously. How did you tackle it?

Michele said...

Adorable picture :-) Amazing repair job! You can't even see where it was torn. Love the cases :-)

Mama Spark said...

Vince is adorable!! Those cases are great and what a fix. Great job!!!

mascanlon said...

I am impressed both by the patch and the iPhone pouches....I need one!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sweet baby Vince! The patch is an awesome fix and I too would love to know the pattern name for the iPhone pouch. Great Christmas gift!

Carrie P. said...

Vince is so sweet.
you did a great job on the quilt.

Purple Pam said...

Wow! What beautiful babies. They are popping out all over in your family. Are you a proud grandma or what! LOL!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cutie! Congrats! He looks perfect for snuggling.

Sinta Renee said...

I love your little iphone cases... but then I saw the little guy... and just fell in love. He is so adorable... look at those sweet little lips and cheeks! What a blessing!!!

Needled Mom said...

Nice repair work and that little guy is just beautiful.