Tutorials

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And now for that finish...

I got the ric rac in the mail and finished Pumpkin Time by Crab+apple Hill!
I won this awesome pattern and complete kit from Anna at Woolie Mammoth blog just over a year ago.

 I completed all the embroidery and appliqued the scalloped edge to the embroidery piece while on the road or in waiting rooms.
The pillow is 12" X 14" and will be so fun to have around for Halloween.
Thank you again Anna!

+++++

And I finished block four of Summer Star's from Temecula Quilt Co.:


And here are the first four together:

Back to my Salt Air project.

19 readers left a comment:

Carrie P. said...

cute pillow. love the jumbo rick rack.
your stars look great together. I still need to make #4

Linda said...

What a darling embroidery! And the blocks are so pretty!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I just love your pillow! So fun! Your blocks are very cute too~ I need to get the 4th one done. ;-) Have a happy day!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, that pillow is so cute! Just darling and the rick rack is a real must - oh just like icing on the cake.

Betsy said...

OMG Mary, it is spectacular!

Deborah said...

Your Halloween cushion is adorable! So fun for Halloween lovers. I have a few family members who would love this! Pretty Temecula blocks, too.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet pillow for Halloween! Cute! I can just sit that propped up in a chair with a little candy dish filled with candy corn.....yum and sweet!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your pillow is so cute. It was worth the wait! Also I'm loving the fabric in your stars. They look just wonderful.

Mama Pea said...

OMG, the pillow is fantastic! I love it. I'm working on a Crabapple Hill Halloween quilt right now. :-) I love your stars, too!

Mary said...

I just love Halloween projects! And the pillow is very cute! You cant go wrong with big rik-rak! Your embroidery looks great.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Your pumpkin pillow is so cute! Well done, Mary.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Adorable pumpkin. I'm ready for Halloween...Fall...Football...Pretty Leaves...Trick or Treating!

Loves to Quilt said...

Love your pillow, great embrodery! Wish I could embroder like that!

Julia said...

Love the stars Mary...great colours.
..and what a cute pillow.
Julia ♥

Purple Pam said...

Love the Pumpkins with that big orange rick rack. The colors in your Summer Stars blocks are great, too!

Michele said...

I love the pumpkin pillow! Wow!

Sheila said...

Great blocks, I've got four of them done, need to work on that fifth one! Thanks for sharing, have a great week.

Michelle said...

That is so cute -- I love their Halloween patterns!

mascanlon said...

Pillow is so cute! You get so many fun projects done Mary, I can't wait to retire!