Birdie Stitches is quilted and bound!
I wish all of you could come over and see this quilt in person. As you probably already know, the cutie embroidery patterns were a BOM offered by Corey of Little Miss Shabby in 2011.
I finished the quilt and sent it off to Mary at Quilt Hollow and she worked her MAGIC!
Look at some of these blocks:
Isn't Mary's quilting amazing? Thank you for the beautiful work Mary!
I put the binding and the hanging tube on and it's hanging already!
You may see this quilt one more time because I will be posting it for Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival on May 18th.
I am going to try to get better photos by then.



53 readers left a comment:
I love that quilt! Everything about it is perfect....the blocks, the fabrics, the colors, the quilting. It's wonderful. I'll bet it looks great hanging in your home.
Oh Wow Mary what a beautiful quilt, your work is just wonderful and the quilting is fantastic. If I had a quilt like that I would put it into Blogger's Quilt Festival to. Blessings Sandra
Thats absolutely GORGEOUS!! I really really love it! The birdies are SO cute!
you never fail to amaze me with the prolific amount of quilting you do! I think the quilting on the sashing divides the frames beautifully, and the quilting in the squares has so much movement--this is a Wowzer! I look forward to viewing it again for the Blogger's Quilt Festival ☺
Ohhhh, that turned out wonderful!
This is so lovely!
Looks great, so bright and light! And a finish is always worth celebrating!!
This is absolutely gorgeous, Mary! I so wish mine was completed. You did a beautiful job.
I love how your quilt turned out. It looks gorgeous! My Birdie quilt has been sitting in the drawer for quite some time now...with only one block embroidered. I was thinking that I could try to stitch up one per week over the summer and I would be finished at the end of the summer.
You did it!!! You have inspired me to stick with a BOM that I am currently doing this year! I love the way your quilt turned out - very nice!! It must feel great to have this one finished and to have it look so good. Congrats!!
Oh Mary you finished it! It looks wonderful. Mary's quilting is beautiful too. I love the way she quilted to make the embroidery stand out.
Adorable! You both did wonderful work! :-)
Gorgeous...as is Mary's quilting!! What a great team!!
P
Beautiful. What a wonderful marriage of stitching and your fabric choices! Superb quilting as well. A wonderful project!
Simply Adorable!
Oh wonderful! This is just lovely!
It is beautiful and the quilting is just fabulous - a job that Mary does like no other.
This is so cute...your stitching is wonderful and so is the quilting!
Your quilt looks great. This is a wonderful finish!
What a beautiful quilt. The piecing, stitching and quilting are just lovely!
Beautiful! The quilting is superb.
What a wonderful quilt, the birds are so cute.You used beautiful fabrics and your stitching is gorgeous.
Have a nice day and take care
Roswitha
I have made that quilt too but it isn't as beautiful as yours. The fabric is wonderful and the stitching is awesome. Well done.
Your quilt is beautiful, love your colour choices - it's a real heirloom!
What a wonderful quilt. Your stitching and Mary's quilting just complement each other beautifully.
To both Mary's,....it's a beaut! Just absolutely drop down gorgeous!
Its certainly a beauty! Thanks for letting me play.
Adorable!
You both did a wonderful job ....
So dang cute! Mary did a wonderful job with the quilting.
WOW! It's gorgeous Mary!! Mary did a wonderful job with the quilting. Makes me want to really finish mine.
WOW! It's gorgeous Mary!! Mary did a wonderful job with the quilting. Makes me want to really finish mine.
This is absolutely amazing! Congrats on such a wonderful finish!
Jennifer :)
It's just beautiful...I enjoyed following the process every step of the way. And I saw a little sneak peek of the quilting this morning at Mary's blog, too!
Love seeing you finished birdies. Thanks for reminding me to get a move on doing block 9 !! Great fabric choice and perfect quilting, you must be very happy with it :-)
Congratulations! It's so beautiful.
A beautiful quilt. Both the quilt creator and machine quilter did a beautiful job. Something you can be very proud of displaying.
Oh Mary! I just saw this quilt over on Mary's blog and had to hop on over here to tell you how much I love it! It is the first one that I have seen of this quilt along that is actually finished and it couldn't be any cuter! Just adorable Mary!
Its beautiful!!! =D Love it!
HOLEY COW!!! I fell out of my chair and kinked my head. AMAZING WONDERFUL SOOPER DOOPER!!!!
Congratulations on finishing off your birdie stitches quilt! I had so much fun stitching on mine last year! :0)
Wow! It's been fun to watch your progress, but the quilt is A*MAZ*ING! Now I really want to try some of those blocks! Gorgeous! and the quilting really shows off the lovely embroidery. Nice work!
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love! It is so gorgeous! I was making such good progress on mine, but have stalled. Gotta get back on it. Will I see it IRL in July???? I hope so!
You both did a great job. Mary is pretty awesome at that long arm quilting. How exciting to have it finished. Congrats!
It looks fantastic - a real work of art!
Hugs,
Tatyana
What a beautiful quilt. Love it!
Your birdie quilt is beautiful! Maybe this is the inspiration I need to finish mine... I was following along that same BOM but got a bit behind, but I LOVE your finished product, so I might just have to dig out mine and finish it... thanks for sharing!
omg its stunning!!! i love it !
im also working on this one i hope i can finish it soon
It's gorgeous and so is the quilting. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!!
Wowsa Mary, this is a stunner! I love it and Mary is very talented.
I have been working on this Birdie Stitches quilt, and I've been wondering how to quilt it. This gives me some ideas of where to start. Your's turned out SO BEAUTIFUL!
You must be very tickled with this. Love it! So cute.
Sorry it took so long for me to comment. I love how this turned out!! It is so beautiful. I need to finish up mine.
Post a Comment