Tutorials

Monday, February 27, 2012

A Florida update!

I've been sewing in Florida and I'm trying to learn how to post to my blog using my Ipad.

Here goes:

Audrey was with us for five days and it was so fun. I have to say she is just a joy to have around. Missing her a lot already. She left Saturday and Mom left today.


I'm working on blocks for a new quilt called Stars Over Fort Sumter by Bonnie Blue Quilts. I cut it all out before I left home.

I need thirteen of this style block:

I have eight finished:

I also made Audrey a sunhat, but forgot to take a photo. I will have to do that when I get home. It turned out really cute.

 

23 readers left a comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Little Audrey is growing up to be the sweetest little girl. What a face. Love the stars too, Mary. You are keeping busy.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What gorgeous eyes she has! Love this star block.

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet you are missing them both. Little Audrey is growing up too fast. Can't you keep her little for a long time?????

Those blocks are beautiful.

Michelle said...

Love the pink and chocolate stars! Little Audrey is sooo cute!

Staci said...

Fabulous blocks and one super darling baby! Yay for you!

Julia said...

Little Audrey is so gorgeous..what a beautiful smile she has..
Love the star blocks too, going to be a gorgeous quilt.
Julia ♥

Mama Pea said...

Audrey is so stinkin' cute! I am in love with Bonnie Blue quilts. I have two going right now. I love the blocks you're working on!!!

Susan said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

Cyndi said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time in Florida. Oh my gosh, Audrey is growing up so fast....and she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And Mary, that quilt is going to be gorgeous...I love pink and brown together!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Kathryn D. Duke said...

looks like you are mastering your ipad just fine!! what a special cutie you have there...

Blessings,
Kathy

Helen said...

What a sweetheart.....and a sweet quilt, too....chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla!

Amanda Jean said...

Audrie gets more adorable by the day! what a cutie pie!

i love your blocks. they look amazing!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What pretty blocks. :) You've been working hard.

Anonymous said...

She is growing like a weed and so darned cute!!!

Pat from Florida said...

Beautiful blocks. But, especially beautiful little girl! Where are you in FL?

Nicole said...

Goodness, what gorgeous eyelashes Audrey has! What a beautiful child. Your pink and brown blocks are sensational. That is a color combination I have always loved.

Michele said...

Such a cute picture of Audrey! I'm sure you had a great time :-) Your blocks are amazing! I love the colors and the pattern.

Kim D. said...

Audrey is sure getting big, such an adorable little girl.
Those star blocks are lovely, I like how the pattern makes another block.

Carrie P. said...

She is a cutie!
Love your blocks. I love pink and brown together.

Lynn Koeppen said...

Oh, this is going to be a lovely quilt. I find brown and pink to be really appealing!

Mama Spark said...

These are really cool blocks, May. Can't wait to see more!!

KatieQ said...

Audrey has such expressive eyes. What a charmer. I love the colors you are using for the blocks.

Sparky said...

I don't know what is sweeter your wee tot Audrey there or your blocks...lovely lovely