Tutorials

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mon Ami Finish

This month's La Petite project is the wonderful Mon Ami Schnibbles pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.

My fabric choice is Glace by 3 Sisters for Moda.

I finished the top this afternoon:


I avoided the blues in the charm pack and love these colors!  All those HST's are 1 1/2 inch finished and there are LOTS of them!!

I can't wait to get it quilted!

+++++


Our little dolly headed North over a week ago and we miss her a lot!


We'll be home in a few weeks Audrey!

39 readers left a comment:

Michele said...

Mary, it's beautiful! I love colors you chose....that does have lots and lots of HST's! I posted some of my blocks at the beginning of the week. I'm hoping to find the time to put them together soon.......congratulations on being done! It's a beauty :) Audrey is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful and what a cutie.

cheers
Christine

Anina said...

L-o-v-e-l-y! I wouldn't have known it was that small if you hadn't mentioned it. Those little HSTs are so perfect!

Karen said...

Wonderful quilt!

Your little Audrey is very sweet....bet you miss her!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Mon Ami looks great!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

It's beautiful! And so is your little Audrey.

Sinta Renee said...

Beautiful photos! The baby and the quilt!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Your Mon Ami is gorgeous! I love it in the Glace fabric you picked! Audrey's just such a cutie! I bet you miss her!!

Darlene said...

Mary, Mon Ami is beautiful. Audrey is super cute - I know you miss her lots and lots.

Tonya said...

Love those colors in your Mon Ami! It turned out great!

Aunt Spicy said...

seriously! am! loving!
that top is amazing!

Needled Mom said...

That is a lot of HSTs!!!! It is almost as sweet as that darling little face.

Allyson said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the colors. Little Audrey is pretty stinkin cute too!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your quilt is lovely and so is your granddaughter!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the softness of the muted red and cream. Very pretty little quilt. Darling little Audrey.

Mary said...

Love this quilt! I love the red! Looks like you are having a great time....and it looks warm...brrrrrr!!!!

Mama Spark said...

Just beautiful, Mary!! I love this line of fabrics too.

Terrie Sandelin said...

Beautiful quilt with such gorgeous fabric choices! And what a beautiful little girl -- what a smile!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh she is so beautiful. I love those little faces and the smiles without teeth.

I'm not even going to comment on your quilt...all my gushing gets old.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

What a beauty!! Both...quilt and grandbaby! Oh and I'm seeing you sleeveless at the beach....sigh.

WandaFish said...

That is a beautiful quilt and a gorgeous granddaughter! I love the Magoo monkey you made her; I've got one waiting for me to start on!
Big congrats on winning some Holly Stash :)

Patty said...

1 1/2 inch finished!!! Are your eyes crossed!

SandyN said...

Wow Mary it is so beautiful...

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

beautiful top and beautiful Audrey!

Cardygirl said...

Your quilt top looks great...love the fabrics...those HST's were never ending!

Sherri said...

Love your Mon Ami! Looks beautiful where you are...enjoy!

SewCalGal said...

This quilt top is brilliant. Love the design, fabrics. Can't wait to see it finished. Excellent.

Sorry to hear your sweet girl (and family) has headed North. I hope you get more opportunities to visit with them very soon.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Oh...that top is just fabulous, just love the colors and fabrics.

What cuties you have there...I am with Sew Cal, hope you can visit them often.

ranette said...

Sweet baby girl and lovely quilt!

imquilternity said...

Gorgeous! Audrey is just getting cuter and cuter with each passing day!

Millie said...

Beautiful red and white quilt. Hope you will be able to visit the cuties often.

Kim D. said...

Love the quilt and your prairie points, just beautiful. I bet it was fun to have Aubrey on the beach. She sure is a cutie patootie.

Micki said...

What a lovely finish and that baby is adorable!
Micki

Amelia said...

The quilt top is beautiful and I must say that Audrey is preety cute too :)

C said...

Audrey is so cute! Your piecing is so well done.

Carrie P. said...

Beautiful top and Audrey is growing so fast.

Corrie said...

Your quilt is beautiful, so pretty with the reds. Very nice.

Nanette Merrill said...

The quilt is lovely but those baby pics are amazing.

imquilternity said...

Mary, your quilt is truly beautiful! Audrey is quite the beautiful baby isn't she? Wow - what a cutie!