Tutorials

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The last of the Swanky


I still had some Swanky fabric left so I made a gift for Jordyn's first birthday.

They are little rag edged letters of her name along with a tote bag to carry them in.  I'm going to mail them off to her in Chicago tomorrow.

21 readers left a comment:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

how cute!!! love them!

Betsy said...

Great idea Mary.

Unknown said...

I was just reading another blog about a swanky project. haha, I love swanky!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Those are super cute... what a lovely gift!

Gina said...

What a great idea

Love and hugs Gina xxx

SandyN said...

Mary how cute!!!!

Trudi said...

Oh these are lovely Mary!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very very cute!!!

jovaliquilts said...

She'll have fun with those! The carrying case is a great idea.

Marianne Penner said...

That is such a cute idea!

Goosegirl said...

Oh my goodness! These are adorable!! What a lucky girl your Jordyn is!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Those are adorable and much cuter than wooden letters!

Micki said...

That is so cute, and what an ingenious idea!
Micki

Unknown said...

I love those letters , great idea !

beth said...

great gift!! Love it!!

Kim D. said...

Great idea and a wonderful gift for a child. Love the bag for carrying them around.

Anonymous said...

Sweet idea!! I'll have to share this idea with a friend...I could see her easily making the alphabet and adding magnets inside for fridge fun!

jen duncan said...

That is a super terrific gift. Your original idea? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Yours turned out adorable. They look thick and sturdy. Enjoy your week at the beach. I'm SOOOO envious!

imquilternity said...

Adorable! What a wonderful idea.

Browndirtcottage said...

wow...this is w-a-y too cute!! did you use
something in the middle to help stabilize them?
just the greatest idea!!

Browndirtcottage said...

ok...i clicked on the photo to enlarge...looks
like you used a batting of some sort....