Tutorials

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Perfect Summer Day



In the last 24 hours:

- Picked enough raspberries (red and golden) for the two of us for dinner tonight
- Hung the sheets out on the clothesline and they flapped in the wind and dried in two hours
- Went swimming in the middle of the lake (the best swim of the summer)
- Took a sunset cruise with my husband on the pontoon
- Watched a bald eagle fly by
- Took a paddle boat ride in the early morning with no one else on the lake
- Put two borders on my Geese in the Forrest quilt

Life is SO good.

20 readers left a comment:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I was right there with you taking that dip in the middle of the lake as I read your post! And savoring those last summer raspberries!
aah. sounded so deligthful.

Stina Blomgren said...

White raspberries???? Never seen them before!!!! :o)

Leslie said...

Raspberries are my absolute favorite...and you picked yours fresh....I'm jealous! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs, Leslie

Abby and Stephanie said...

I bought golden raspberries for the first time in our local grocery store this summer. Not good. Perhaps they needed to be freshly picked on a lovely day.

Betsy said...

yes it is and you are enjoying it well.

Janet said...

I love raspberries, it's making me homesick for the berry farms I used to live by. Never seen the golden ones either.

blushing rose said...

I hung out the clothes today, also, as there was a perfect breeze, nothing like fresh off the line. Sounds like the perfect day you had ...

Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Purple and Paisley said...

what a joyous life...even better that you appreciate it! ☺

badlandsquilts said...

what a perfect day... I wish we had more!

Gina said...

What a fabulous day you had

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me, not heard, or seen white raspberries before.

Tammy said...

Sounds like heaven to me :-)
Good for you!!

Micki said...

What a lovely day! I never saw white raspberries...yummy!
Micki

Dandelion Quilts said...

Sounds like a good day to me. We went to church, played with Buddy, did a bit of grocery shopping, tried a new recipe (liked it), got 2 thumbs up from Buddy at supper (always a good sign), finished a book that was great, and I am off to take a bubble bath.

Carrie P. said...

A perfect day! I have never seen yellow raspberries before. I am guessing they taste about the same as the red.

Candace said...

Wow - now that's a great day, Mary! Our raspberried were gone long ago - how great that yours are still out!
Cheers!

Kim D. said...

Those berries sure look yummy.. I wish they grew in AZ. I used to live on a lake and miss all the fun we had boating in the summer and snowmobiling in winter.

randi--i have to say said...

Those raspberries are just lovely! I wish we could grow them in our yard, but i know the deer would get to them before we could. :(

Randi

http://ihavetosay.typepad.com

fabricartist21 said...

Wow those raspberries are so scrumptous looking and I sure could eat a whole bowl full. Thanks for joining my blog and becoimg a follower

amy smart said...

Oh wow. That DOES sound like a perfect summer day. Absolutely heavenly.