Tutorials

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Added a few more borders to my Marcelle Medallion

This is still one of the most fun projects I have done. Have to put it aside to make a few Halloween costumes and baby quilts.

 

 

24 readers left a comment:

Bev said...

Wow! Honestly, that color combination knocks me out! Love this! What an inspiration!

Cheery wave from
Bev

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous. Are there "Y" seams in that?

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful! One of my favorites that I've seen!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looking good!! Yes, I agree - this is one of the favs of mine in seeing them on the web.

Tina Craig said...

It's really lovely, Mary. I love the colors!

Cindy said...

Yours is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Looking so cool!

Needled Mom said...

Those fabrics are really wonderful.

Tammy said...

Mary it looks fabulous

Lesley said...

Wow! What a great quilt!

Julia said...

Amazing quilt Mary.
Love what you have done with the borders!
Julia ♥

sandra said...

Wow it is beautiful and I love the fabrics and the colours they are so charming.

Karen said...

I am enjoying watching this one grow. Love the fabrics and their colours.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very striking. I really like your "different" colors from the others I've seen and I noticed lots of DS.

Deborah said...

SO beautiful! I'm a fan of that last border fabric.

Carla said...

It's just so fabulous! Enjoy making the baby quilts

mascanlon said...

Really love this quilt Mary!

Tatkis said...

So bright and cute! Adorable quilt ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

deb said...

that is stunning and thats not even a good enough word!! well done!

OPQuilt said...

I love this quilt! And every medallion quilt I see is different, but this one has spunk! verve! dash!

:) Excellent job on the costumes, too.

E.

Slowpoke said...

I must admit I was not too crazy about the fabrics
you put together when I first saw them. But watching your
progress and the added borders, it's flippin' Beautiful!!
I totally love it!! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quilt Marcelle is. Please can you tell me what fabrics you used ? As in a collection ? Thank you.

Nilya said...

This Looks so happy - love it and want to see it finished ;-)

Kelly O. said...

Hi Mary,
your tutorial on quilt binding that you did for sewmamasew has been selling on Etsy for profit, here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/167846613/machine-quilt-binding-tutorial-instant?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Kelly