Tutorials

Friday, December 21, 2012

More gifts...don't look if you are family!!


The first of many, many baby quilts.  Our family has added FOUR babies SINCE Vincent (September) and one more due before the end of the year.  This great aunt needs to make something for each one. 

This quilt is made using Savanah Bop by Thomas Knauer for Andover Fabrics and is my own design.  I used an embroidery image he provided to do the giraffe applique.  I also quilted it with pebbles to highlight the applique and meandering for the rest.  It has a very light weight batting and Cuddle backing in a soft yellow.


And then I made:


  • two sets of pillow cases using Michael Miller gnome prints
  • key fobs with Anna Maria Horner ribbon
  • and a ruffled camera strap with a lens pocket
Now you get to see smiley Audrey when we played hide and seek at her house:

18 readers left a comment:

Bev said...

I love all the gifts you've made! Do you need my address to send mine? Seriously, that little girl is darling! And your pebble quilting is awesome. I tried it and ended up with something...but I'm not sure what...not nice round pebbles like you do! Everyone should be very happy with their gifts!

Cheery wave!
Bev

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Oh Mary, all your gifts are so wonderful! Little Audrey is just so adorable!!

John'aLee said...

You've been busy lady! Aren't these new babies just such a delight?

beth said...

GREAT gifts! I love them all!

badlandsquilts said...

Those gifts all look fabulous. Your pebble quilting is just perfect. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL I loved your title! :-) Your gifts are wonderful too. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I too, just loved your title. Your family will be thrilled with their gifts. Oh my gosh, Audrey is growing waaaaay too fast! What a cutie bug.

Julia said...

I just had to smile at your title!
Great gifts, the family if they don't look will get a lovely surprise...
Audrey is so adorable.
Have a lovely Christmas with family.
Julia ♥

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Absolutely gorgeous gifts Mary! Hello sweet Audrey! xo

Needled Mom said...

Wonderful gifts, Mary. Some special people are going to be very pleased.

Aww...that's a Christmas smile for all of us!

Merry Christmas.

Carla said...

Such a cute baby quilt. We just got that line into the shoppe where I work ; )

Barb said...

Oh wow...you have been busy. Love the quilt but that little one will make anyone smile!

Karen said...

This is a really gorgeous baby quilt. Love the colours in these fabrics.

Betsy said...

Great gifts Mary. They will be loved!

Sinta Renee said...

Sweet pressies! I love your gift ideas and the fabrics you picked are really cute. Merry Christmas!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Great gifts! Could her smile be any cuter?

Tatkis said...

Such a lovely and sweet quilt! And great gifts!

Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Tatyana

Mama Pea said...

Wow, that's a lot of babies! I love the giraffe quilt! Holy cow. That looks like a lot of work. I am adoring your key fobs, too. LOVE them!