Does that title catch your attention?
Well, when I was in AZ at the quilt show, there was a scrap-booking booth with a few quilts. One of the very friendly people working there gave me a flyer with a coupon for their store called Scrapbooks, Etc . The store was right on the way back to my MIL's so we stopped. Wow, an amazing amount of beautiful current fabric. I would never have guess by the name, the website or the phone book that they were a top notch fabric store (lesson learned).
They also had samples, including the Quilter's Quarters Dress by Chanana Design. I have a little girl with a birthday next week that may need a new dress:
It calls for seven fatquarters, but I had six fatquarters of Anthology Fabrics High Society that I made work. This was a creation for Stash Project of the Month at Clover and Violet. I hope I will be able to show you a photo of the dress on the one-year-old!!
+++++++
I showed a photo of my completed doll quilt for DQS10 that I sent off a few weeks ago:
I received mine yesterday:
This 22" sampler was made by Jamie of Maricopa Fabrics in Texas out of Kona Cotton in navy and Amy Butler Love! Isn't it beautiful? I also got a charm pack of Sherbet Pips and a Magnetic Pick-Up Tool.
This swap was so much fun.



25 readers left a comment:
I love the dress! What a wonderful gift idea :-) the colors are gorgeous! I also love the swap quilts! That must have been so much fun :-)
Oh my goodness, that dress is so lovely and adorable. I can't wait to see it on your little girl!
that dress is adorable and love the quilts...
Love quilts and such a cute dress!
That dress is so cute Mary...the little one is going to look so pretty in it.
Gorgeous quilts...love them both.
Julia ♥
Love, love,love the dress!!! It is perfect. Great job on the doll quilt and you received a great one as well. Fantastic swap!!!
The dress is gorgeous, it's going to look cute on a one year old. What a great idea to do a pattern for fat quarters
I love the doll quilts, I have to get on with one of those soon.
I hope we get to see the little model in her new dress too. So cute. Love Amy Butler Love!
Oh, that dress is adorable. I just love the fabrics.
What a great swap you go back. Lots of neat blocks in that little quilt.
What a sweet little dress...how special too!
Someday....I may have a grandaughter...hopeful thinking.
That little dress is gorgeous!! I love both of the swap quilts too. Looks like it was a fun swap!!!
I love the little samplers that you and your group made! And your little dress is very sweet- the colors are just beautiful... you just need a model for it!
I can see I need to get the pattern for that little dress! So cute!
Mary, I live in Arizona and went to the same quilt show and bought tons of their beautifully packaged fabrics and ran to the store with my coupon...and I think I have gone back to that delicious store at leat 6 times since. I just love looking around! It is an amazing store! ~Leslie from Tempe
What a pretty dress!
CUTE dress!!! I like your doll swap quilt too!
That the cutest dress! I love, love, love those fabrics!
What an adorable dress! I love both the swap quilts. They both have some of my favorite fabric lines....Hope Valley and Amy Butler's LOVE! I really like the hand stitching you did on yours.
I love the dress Mary! Ms. Audrey will look stunning!
Whoa, that was a good swap! What a Darling dress!
The dress is so adorable! Audrey is going to be stylin! Great doll quilt swap quilt too!!!
I love the dress and the doll quilt. Great new header too, Mary!
oh that dress is adorable, she is going to look so cute in that, love the colors!
very nice doll quilt you made , it could live right here in my home very nicely!
Kathie
What a cute dress - makes me wish I had a granddaughter - alas, all boys.... She is just going to love this.
Very cute dress!
Post a Comment