Tutorials

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sew Cal Gal's Christmas Quilt Show 2010

 Sew Cal Gal is hosting the Christmas Quilt Show 2010 on her blog starting today!

Once again, even though some of you may have seen this, I am entering my Geese in the Forrest quilt:
Geese in the Forrest was designed by Anina of Twittletails.  All of the fabric is Moda Bella Solids from Anina's shop.

There are 449 flying geese and I quilted in the ditch with variegated green, red and white around each one of them.

Go to Sew Cal Gal's blog, enter your quilt and see all of the other quilts in the show! 

67 readers left a comment:

Quilthaze said...

Ilove it!Such a clever design and beautifully made.

Debbie said...

I love this quilt and when I see it done correctly, I want to get it out and keep working on it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ariane said...

Wow!! This is a gorgeous quilt. I love it!!!

QuiltSue said...

That is a wonderful quilt, but an awful lot of flying geese! If you ever get fed up with it, I'll volunteer to take it off your hands.

Sammy said...

This is a lovely quilt. Beautiful.
-Samya

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a good choice for your entry...really is spectaculor.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Although I've seen this one on your blog before, I'm so glad you chose to show it again. It's beautiful!!! What a treasure!

Betsy said...

Mary, I never get tired of seeing this one.

Caren Kristine said...

WOW!!! What an eyepopper. I love this quilt. The colors are crisp and bright.

Unknown said...

I just love the quilt!! I have all the foundations printed just have to get to it. Love your version.

SewCalGal said...

I have loved this design since I first saw it. You did a great job. Inspirational. With 449 flying geese I can say you certainly have mastered getting them to fly. Just delightful.

Thanks for sharing your quilt in the Christmas Quilt Show.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Stunning!

beth said...

beautiful quilt! How big is it?

Megan said...

Mary that quilt is incredible!!

Joanna said...

It looks like it was alot of work, but it is certainly beautiful. It's a fabulous quilt.

SheilaC said...

I LOVE this pattern from Twiddletails and yours is gorgeous!!

I would love to make this one day, but not sure I am up for making all those geese :)

Thanks for sharing it

SheilaC

Barb said...

What a fun quilt!!! All these quilts are getting me in a festive mood.

Cris A said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! What a fun and whimsical design!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I recognized that one right away - I thought about doing this one but changed my mind, seeing yours makes me have second thoughts.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Karen said...

I do love this quilt. I have to admire your patience with all the flying geese tat had to be made.
It looks wonderful!!

Janet said...

I loved it before and I love it even more now that you've shown it again. Fantastic quilt for Christmas.

Amelia said...

I love this quilt Mary ... stunning!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I collected all those patterns but never made this. I just love it and may have to dig them out!

Dana Gaffney said...

My first reaction was Wow! That quilt is amazing. Flying geese are on my learn to do list, so I am so impressed with this. Thanks for sharing.

Nina Marie said...

wow! love how traditional but how modern this looks - its really inspirational! Love the graphic quality of it!

Millie said...

Beautiful quilt, Mary. Love the flying geese in a modern setting.

Terriaw said...

such a beautiful quilt! Good for you for plowing through all those geese. I love the polka dot inner border. What a thrill to have this all finished and ready to use, especially as things grow cold around these parts!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I love it..yes I do.

Pat

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Wow! That is stunning!

Rene' said...

Mary, this quilt is stunning! Your flying geese are just perfect!

Carol said...

Thank you for sharing this one again. i loved it the last time round and still do :)

Nanette Merrill said...

It is gorgeous. Love it. Good luck.

Mary said...

Wow- this is stunning! I can't imagine how much time went into this.

Regina said...

Oh I love it! I have a confession to make. I still don't know what quilting in the ditch means *ducks head in shame*

Sandy said...

I really love this quilt...very cool!

Kate said...

What a great use of flying geese. It's a wonderful quilt. Love your red polka dot border!

Anonymous said...

It's new to me! ... so I am glad you posted it again. :-)
Just lovely!

...Karen

Dawn said...

Just Awesome!

Michelle said...

I love this quilt! It is awesome!

Ann J said...

WOW!! What a lovely quilt!........Luv AJ

andsewon said...

Mary this is just an awesome quilt!Love it!
Lola

Lois said...

Hi Mary. This is a great quilt and a lot of love and work must have been put into it. I am glad you shared it and I got to see it. Love Lois

Linda in Arkansas said...

Thanks for posting this one again. I just love it!!

Fabric Fanatic said...

It is perfect in every detail ~ you did a great job!

Diane said...

wow! That is lovely. What a wonderful creation to take out each year for the holiday!

Nanbon44 said...

Just looking at this quilt made me tired, It would take me forever to make something like that. Beautiful quilt, thanks for sharing

Carrie P. said...

YOu should be very proud to show off that quilt again. I love it.

Thearica said...

Mary!! Your quilt is fantastic!!!

Aunt Spicy said...

I am still just smitten with this quilt!

Quiltbenaco said...

E' una festa per gli occhi!
Ciao Domenica

Roslyn said...

I adore your tree quilt, I want to make one!

http://thankfullga447 said...

WOW WOW this came out great, congrats.

Anita in Florida said...

This is truly a gorgeous quilt! Thanks for sharing.

Teresa said...

Love the trees! It's a wonderful quilt...

Linda said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! Never seen that design before. I love it.

Rhanda said...

Your quilt is stunning! And 449 geese! Wow. Love the design, very clever.

Lindabee said...

Wow! This is so impressive -- even more so since I've never mastered flying geese. Thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn said...

Mary I love this quilt! So stunning!

Nancy Sue said...

It's a great quilt!! I love that you quilted it with the varigated thread :)Thank you for sharing with us!

Elzaan said...

Wow. Thank is an amazing quilt. You did a great job.
Elzaan

Lee said...

I love anything trees and this is so clever! thanks for the inspiration!

Pat said...

Love this quilt!

Bev said...

Wonderful quilt! I love the movement.

Kim said...

Gorgeous quilt! What a nice pattern.

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt! I think Anina lives by me - thanks for telling who made the pattern! Where is Lake Pulaski? I used to live in Shoreview - is it nearby? Happy T-day! xo, Nan

Mama Spark said...

I love this one Mary! I have the patterns but have not done anything with them. I wish I had had the time to quilt along when they were first new. Thanks for sharing this one.

laurastitch said...

molto originale! complimenti