Tutorials

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Two Girls!

My girl is back in Minnesota!! Yipee!!


She lives within walking distance of my other girl:
Audrey's mom took this photo on Monday and I had to share:


Oh, now I remember ~ I was suppose to talk about quilting ~ sorry!
Weekend retreat was a blast! I don't remember laughing so much in a long time.  Authentic Merry-Go-Round came back from the LAQ (she did a wonderful job) and I put the binding on at the retreat.  It's all finished!!

 I'm very happy with how this quilt turned out.  It's 67" X 72".

34 readers left a comment:

badlandsquilts said...

Way cute girls! AND a great quilt! I've been waiting to see this one and it is just fab!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

It is nice to have your family close.
I love your quilt - really, I am drooling!

SewCalGal said...

Enjoy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Meg said...

Love your Authentic quilt! The quilting is awesome too. I have some in my stash just waiting...

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your quilt is beautiful and so are your girls. So lovely to have your daughters and granddaughter near!

Barb said...

I just love your quilt, the design, colors...it is just wonderful...love that little one too..

Betsy said...

Mary, you and Audrey look adorable.
I love your quilt. Can you give me some pointers on curved binding?

Janet said...

Oh what happy pics of all the girls. The one of you and sweet Audrey is such a nice photo. The quilt is wonderful, you must be happy with the quilting on it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happy family! LOVE Merry-go-Round!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a precious smile from Audrey! She's a star! Love the quilt too.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Love that quilt! I need to do something with my Authentic. Wonderful pictures of you and your girls:)

Nancy said...

wow...the photos make the quilt look so much bigger.. it's absolutely beautiful. I have some Authentic that I am hoarding...

Audrey is so cute and I love her name...

Yvette said...

So nice to see happy families together!
Your quilt id beautiful! Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Great photo's of your girls Mary, and how blessed you are to have them close. What I would give to have all my kids in the same country. Love, love, love your quilt.

Mama Spark said...

Adorable and spectacular!!

Pat said...

Love your quilt...love you and your girls....and Audrey's smile is WONDERFUL!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Now I am going to be singing "The girls are back in town" What a sweetheart, we are so lucky to have our girls close by.
Yes, quilting, wow, I am so in love with that quilt!!!!!!

Sherri said...

What sweet pictures! Love your Merry Go Round quilt too!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Beautiful girls, Mary! No wonder you are tickled. Also...the quilt looks great. Are you keeping this one or gifting?

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love the pictures of family!!!
I wished my stash of Authentic would jump on the Merry go round!!!!! you did a great job!!
Hugs, Di

Amanda Jean said...

how cute are you and your daughter? and you and Audrey? adorable!!!

i LOVE your Authentic quilt. it's stunning. i LOVED seeing you model it at the retreat. (one of my fav. moments of the weekend!) it was so nice retreating with you, dear. let me know when you want to get your cooler and cutting mat back. :)

Jocelyn said...

Mary, what very sweet pictures! Love the quilt!

Allison said...

awe she's a cutie!!!!! LOVE that quilt! Good job!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...

Such a cute baby. I love your Authentic Merry Go Round quilt.

quiltmom anna said...

I love the Merry go around pattern. Kim from http://kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com/ did one with Mary Englebreit fabrics a couple of summers ago. I loved the design and have often thought of making it- Is the pattern commercially available? I have done a pattern called paperweight that is sort of like it to- perhaps some day- The quilting list gets longer all the time.
So nice for you to have your family close..
Warmest regards from a Western Canadian quilter,
Anna
http://quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/

Kimberly Tripp said...

that is beautiful! i am working on binding a hex quilt for my grandma, and got stuck on the ends where the hexagons meet and make a 'V' (pointing in towards the quilt). Any hints?? Thanks! trippkh@bellsouth.net

Annelies said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilt....serious quilt envy going on!!!!

Quilted Librarian said...

Love the colors with that design and Audrey pictures, too. I love the one of the two of you. A plus post, Mary!!

Kind regards,
Dana

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh that is so beautiful! I love the colors. Someone at our quilt guild just showed it in American Jane fabrics. It's such a fun pattern. Good job!

patricia belyea said...

Fabulous quilt and wonderful girls. I have two daughters myself and its a joy to have them in my life.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

yay for fun with family... and congrats on finishing your hexagon quilt!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute cute hexagon quilt. It is so nice for you to have family there.

JariJari said...

what a happy family.
I just love your beautiful Hexagon Quilt.