No sewing going on here - my daughter and son-in-law have been here for a week and my sewing room is my guest room! I love having them - my daughter and I have walked together for the last six days! My husband and son-in-law golfed yesterday and are at it again today - the weather is awesome.
This quilt is a cathedral window rag quilt all out of batiks that I made for my niece for her wedding.



14 readers left a comment:
Mary what a gorgeous batik Cathedral Window quilt. Did you use the "rag style" of piecing? It looks like that, but I am not sure. The colors and the different batiks makes this a wonderful quilt and an excellent wedding gift. Thanks for sharing and I love to see some of your previous quilts.
Cathedral windows, my favorite. This one is a beauty.
Oh my! It is gorgeous.
I love it. It's beautiful. I wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog and entering my giveaway!! I can't wait to see who wins!!
This is gorgeous! I love the way the colors flow.
That is a gorgeous quilt...Cathedral windows are lovely!
Micki
I'm in love:)
It's great, it seems to glow. I'm glad you are enjoying the weather and the walks with family.
What a wionderful quilt. It is so lovely when you have guests isn't it, even when they need to sleep in your sewing room. :-)
Batiks!! they are gorgeous, Why I'm so afraid of them!! I love the catedral windows pattern, the way yours turn out is owsome!
Thank you for vising my blog.
Carmen
I love rag quilts & have recently made two, as my first quilt attempts!
Wow, Mary that quilt looks like a summer sunset. Love it.
Continue to enjoy your family.
Wow - this is beautiful. I've created a baby quilt using this desing in flannels and never considered it in batiks!! What a GREAT idea.
Cathedral Window has been on my to do list for a while and while it may stay there, you have done a stunning job on these colors!!! Beautiful.
Post a Comment