I joined the RATZ (Rapid and Tiny Zakka swap) in May for the key fob and now again in July for the needle keeper. I had ulterior motives for joining this one - I must have dropped my very favorite needle keeper in the garbage (along with ALL my needles) and need a new one.
I hope this one meets my partner's needs.
It's rather large for a needle keeper, but she requested a place for her scissors and also a way to keep threaded embroidery needles in her keeper without the thread hanging out the bottom.
The scissors will fit in the little heart print pocket with a Velcro closure.
The embroidery floss wraps around a floss holder which is stitched to the felt while the needle (and many more) can be placed in the felt.
This embroidery is a pattern by Aneela Hoey of Comfortstitching and can be found here.
+++++
In the last swap, I sent the embroidered Hello Kitty coin purse/key fob and received this cute little bird:


17 readers left a comment:
in the garbage?! the needle keeper you made is so cute and what a great idea to stitch the floss holders inside.
love the little bird fob.
Love the needle keeper. If your swap partner doesn't like it, she can send it over here.
That was really clever to sew the floss holders inside. I love the little girl with her hula hoop.
This is adorable! I'm sure that your partner will love it, especially since you taking all of the things she wants into consideration.
I'm doing the swap, too... this is my first sewing swap. I'm curious to see what the needlebook I recieve will be like!
I love that needle keeper, Mary!
I kept saying that I was going to make a needle book for myself,but I never did. Then one day I had an inspiration; I took an Altoids tin, a refrigerator magnet (flat the just fit in the bottom of the tin) and painted the tin. All I had to do was put the magnet in and it stayed in the metal tin perfectly. I just drop my needle on the magnetic surface and it stays.
Your needle keeper is so cute Mary. I received one in a swap at the beginning of the year and it's very large, but it has come in handy to hold everything.
It's adorable, Mary. Your partner is going to love it.
What a sweet little needle keeper! And a great way to use those embroidery designs. Hope you get a cute one from your partner!
Super darling needle case! Love the stitching....
ohmygod, that is so cute! Makes me want to learn to hand embroider! :)
I know she will love it and it looks like it will fit her needs perfectly. The embroidery is darling.
I love the adorable embroidery. Perfect.
Your needle case is wonderful. I love your solution to threaded needles. You're so smart!!!!
What a fabulous needlekeeper and Aneela's pattern is wonderful! I have my eye on doing a few little Zakka projects but not until fall I'm afraid!
How nice! I think it fits the bill for your partner. The birdie you got is way cute.
Argh on your needle keeper! But I love the one you made! It is so adorable. I can't wait to see what you get in return. Your design of the interior is very clever!
Oh those key fobs are so fun....love the stitching too.
Smiles,
Kelly
Post a Comment