Tutorials

Friday, July 20, 2012

Button Bag

Button Bag

My Mom rarely asks for anything, but the other day, she asked if I could replace the bag I made her that she takes to Mass every day.
It must have been at least five years ago when I made the first Button Bag for her.

 I used some lovely organic Tilly by Daisy Janie and some buttons my Son & Daughter-in-law gave me a few years ago.  It was a dream to sew with Tilly.  Even though I did not use charm squares, it is a charm friendly pattern.
I gave the bag to Mom yesterday and she just called to tell me she used it this morning and loves it.
Project success!

17 readers left a comment:

Betsy said...

Mary, it is lovely.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It is so pretty, Mary. I'm sure your Mom carries it proudly into church.

Anonymous said...

Its pretty Mary...and so sweet that your mom enjoys what you make her!

Rhonda said...

What a precious gift for your mom. Moms are a special bunch and it's great when we daughters can do something for them.

Darlene said...

It's delightfully sweet and your mom will LOVE it.

Impera Magna said...

What a cool bag... and how wonderful that your mother requested a replacement for the previous edition!!!

Nicole said...

What a good daughter you are! I know your mom will adore that cute bag and get so much use out of it.

Michele said...

It is such a lovely bag :-) What a nice project. She must have been thrilled that it was made just for her :-)

Julia said...

It's lovely Mary...looks like it's a perfect size for church..
Julia ♥

Terry said...

What a pretty bag! I'm sure she'll love it! :0)

Needled Mom said...

It is so pretty. I love the fabrics. I'll bet she was thrilled with it too.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, you are a very nice daughter. It is very pretty and I am sure she is very proud.

Deborah said...

This looks like a great pattern. I can see why your mother would want another one. Very pretty!

Linda said...

How very pretty! I'm sure your mom loves it!

Mary said...

Awwww...Mary. That is so sweet. My mom used to carry a bag I made for her and almost every time we were together she would tell me how many people compliment her on her bag. So Sweet.

Mary Jo said...

Cute bag. I have made several of my girls this same bag and they all love it. Love your choice of fabrics.

Mama Pea said...

Very pretty! I can see why your mom loves it!