Tutorials

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Burlap Brights Block Hop & Giveaway

Benartex sent over six new Burlap Brights to make a block and provide a tutorial for you. In addition they are giving this same stack to one of you! Read on.

Other bloggers will also provide you with a block tutorial and a chance at the six FQ giveaway.

May 11: Chris from Made by ChrissieD
May 12: Mary from Mary on Lake Pulaski (me)
May 13: Alison from Little Bunny Quilts
May 14: Debby from Debby Kratovil Quilts
May 15: Kristen from KD Quilts
May 16: Benartex design team
May 17: Stephanie from Stitched Together Studios
May 18: Julie from The Crafty Quilter

May 20: Jessica from Quilty Habit
May 21: Wendy from Ivory Spring

Here is the block block for my tutorial:


You can find the tutorial HERE on Benartex's Sew In Love [With Fabric] Blog.
For a chance to win a Fat Quarter bundle of the six Burlap Brights I used in my block, head over to Sew in Love with Fabric and sign up to follow their blog by email or blog reader. Then leave me a comment letting me know that you did so. For a second chance to win, follow Benartex on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Benartex) and leave a comment letting me know. The giveaway will remain open through May 21st.


Giveaway is CLOSED

203 readers left a comment:

1 – 200 of 203   Newer›   Newest»
Pat-tie Ann said...

Mary-I just added you to my new (as of today) Bloglovin list. I like your block and will be saving it to a folder so I can try it. I really like these Burlap Brights!

Susan L. said...

I would have to say my favorite bird is the Rose Breasted Grosbeak. They are so pretty!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love my orioles--they aren't back yet, but I have their grape jelly ready and waiting! Fun block!

lalaluu said...

My favorite bird is the Great Blue Heron. Elusive but beautiful and graceful.

lalaluu said...

Now following you on Bloglovin, in addition to my Blogger Dashboard. Now I feel like I'll always be able to find you! :)

Lou said...

My favorite bird would have to be the roadrunner:) They are just the coolest bird here in Texas!!!!

Annmarie said...

Chickadees are my favorite. Always cheerful & cute too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think this BUrlap is just wonderful - such rich color and texture. I love seeing the Robins return and watching them while there are here with us.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I follow your with GFC

Pat-tie Ann said...

I have saved your block into a folder YEA! I love Cardinals especially the male with it's bright color. We have 2 pair in our backyard and I'm watching for the babies again this spring.

kathy slaughter cummings said...

I'm a Kentuckian... so, cardinals!

kathy slaughter cummings said...

I'm following you...Bloglovin.

CyndyK said...

This is very pretty fabric! My favorite bird is the Mockingbird. In a previous home, they would sit on the top of the chimney and sing and we could hear them sing through the fireplace! cknapp3626@sbcglobal.net

GeeMa said...

I love Cardinals. They sing a pretty song. I also love the red in this fabric!

amy said...

I like Cardinals-they are so pretty! That bright red color catches your eye every time you see one.

Ann D said...

I just added my name to your bloglovin feed. I like the block you made.

anndunn24(at)gmail.com

CyndyK said...

I signed up to follow you on Bloglovin'. cknapp3626@sbcglobal.net

Ann D said...

I like hummingbirds. We are fortunate to have some flowering plants in our yard and get a chance to see them.


anndunn24@gmail.com

Diane Beavers said...

The Yellow Bellied Sapsucker.

Donna W said...

Cardinals are my favorite. There beautiful red color. One day this year, I looked out the window and there were 18 males and females in our yard. I was so amazed at how many that I had to count them. Oh, it was such a sight. Cranes are also on my list of favorites. We have a lot of them around us and I just love to watch them.

Donna W said...

I signed up to follow your blog via email.

mumbird3 said...

Lovely block - very bright and cheerful! I love woodpeckers - I have one visiting the stump outside my sewing room window most mornings!

mumbird3 said...

Folliwng on bloglovin!

WeedyMama said...

My favorite bird: meadowlark. It is the first bird of spring that I recognize by its song.

Marti Morgan said...

I am just an old fashioned winter girl and love the red cardinal against the snow.

WeedyMama said...

I will be looking for you in my Bloglovin feed. What a cute garden fairy!

Marti Morgan said...

I signed up to follow your blog by email.

teachpany said...

Great block! I love cardinals and peacocks. I'm into the colors (kind of like your star, lol)

teachpany said...

I follow via bloglovin

Gloria said...

My favourite bird in the US is the Cardinal because to is such a bright red. In 30+ years of visiting, I have only seen cardinals about a dozen times.

In the UK, my favourite is the Red Kite. I can see them swooping across the sky as i type.

Linda Fleming said...

My favorite is the hummingbird!

lflemin at msn dot com

Linda Fleming said...

I'd like to follow by email?

lflemin at msn dot com

Denise said...

My favorite bird is the Hummingbird.

Michele T said...

The most interesting and by far most intelligent bird I know is the crow, a favorite of mine!! Who couldn't admire these bad-ass birds with their slick black leather jackets and curious, beady eyes full of mischief and attitude?!!

Sandra said...

I just love your block and the colors you used. Great job and thank you for sharing your tutorial with all of us and giving us the chance to win Burlap Brights fat quarter bundle. This is going to be such a pretty project when all of the blocks are collected.

Sandi Timmons
sandit1@sbcglobal.net

Penny from S.C. said...

My favorite bird is the Cardinal. When I see the first one at the end of the Winter, I know Spring isn't far behind.

Debbie Rogowski said...

hmm My favorite bird, so hard to decide. I love the hummingbirds, Owls are amazing, the Bald Eagle is just a real site to see around here and Cardinals are so pretty. But I think the Red Robin has always meant Spring is here so She is my favorite

Penny from S.C. said...

I also follow you via e-mail. Thanks

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Beautiful block Mary. Love the colors you chose. I happen to favor cardinals not having seen one in person until I was in my 50s. It was exciting!!

betz2u said...

I love hummingbirds. The are so feisty, like me. Love the block and the burlap fabric. I follow you via email. Thanks for the opportunity to win a bundle. bettyharden at charter dot net

betz2u said...

Oops. Here is message saying I signed up to follow you by email. Have a great day.

Kim said...

I love hummingbirds. Love your block.

Barb Johnson said...

I'm not sure that I have a favorite bird, but if I had to pick one, it would be the Northern Flicker that I see occasionally around my house. It has such pretty markings!

Barb Johnson said...

I'm now following on Bloglovin!

Dorothy H said...

Love this burlap-esk fabric. My favorite bird is the palliated wood pecker. (not sure how to spell pelliated but this is the one) We have a next in my back yard. We watched them dig out the tree... etc..

Deb said...

I just love hummingbirds!

tac73 said...

My favorite bird is the cardinal which unfortunately does not live around where we live now.

Kathy H said...

Those fabrics look wonderful. My favorite bird is the cardinal.

tac73 said...

I signed up to follow your blog on Bloglovin'. looking forward to it.

Kathy H said...

I follow you through email.

Gunilla said...

My favourite bird is the hornbill that I was fortunate to watch a few times when traveling in Asia. Fantastic birds!!!

Gunilla said...

I am a follower!

Peg said...

My favorite is a bluebird.

Anonymous said...

Follow on blog lovin' !
msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

GREETINGS FROM MONTANA! MY FAVORITE BIRD IS THE "MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD>SO GORGEOUS!
THANKS FOR A GREAT GIVEAWAY!
msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love this block and the colors of the burlap. So bright and pretty! My favorite bird is the Purple Martin. They have such a happy song and are always singing. Thanks!

Please click on the delaineelliott above for my email link.

Debbie Rogowski said...

I'm following on Bloglovin, Phew that was fun LOL

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Bloglovin. Thanks!

Please click on the delaineelliott above for my email link.

OhioLori said...

Love Hummingbirds!! We put out feeders for them every year! :) & In Winter looove the bright pops of red against the snow, of Cardinals!

Love your Block & thanks for chance to win some of these beautiful fabrics!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi Mary. I want to make this block.
It is cute and perky
I want to win this fabric too
Love, Rosemary

Unknown said...

The beautiful Grosbeaks just left my feeders to continue their migration. They are so pretty. robinsheloratearthlinkdotnet

RosieGma said...

My favorite bird is the Cardnial...When I lived in Ohio many years ago I had a little bush in the back that could be viewed from the pump house...If I was lucky I could see it come alive with the color red when the birds would alite and take a break....

Lori said...

oh my that is a difficult one. I love so many birds. Hmmm I guess I will say that my favorite bird is: cardinal

Lori said...

now following on bloglovin

Cecilia said...

Pretty block! My favorite is the Blue Jay. 😊

Cecilia said...

I'm already a follower via bloglovin.

Unknown said...

I love red birds! I lived in Missouri for 10 years and in the winter when it was all white from the snow their red color just popped. It was beautiful. :)
craftyccain@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am a new bloglovin follower. :)
craftyccain@gmail.com

vivoaks said...

Thanks for the great giveaway! I did sign up to follow you on blog-lovin, and took some time to look around. You have lots of neat things on your blog! Thanks!!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Very pretty block! I love quail, they are just so cute!

SherryB said...

My favorite bird is also our state's bird: the goldfinch! So pretty to see them at my feeders in the morning.
Thanks for the chance to win some luscious fabric!
slbook3@aol.com

Pamela said...

Hi Mary! I'm so glad that I discovered your lovely blog via this blog hop. Thanks for the inspiration. My favorite bird is the Blue Heron.

Pamela said...

I'm now following you via Bloglovin. Thanks again!

SherryB said...

Mary, I am a new follower via Bloglovin. WOOT WOOT!
slbook3@aol.com

Quilting Tangent said...

Goldfinch is one of my favorites.
24Tangent@gmail.com

Quilting Tangent said...

Following on bloglovin'. 24Tangent@gmail.com

VickiT said...

My favorite bird, gosh, that's like someone asking me which is my favorite child, or grandchild; very hard. My Mom gave me a love of birds with all her outdoor gardening around the house to attract all types of birds with those things she planted and fed them every day. I continued that when I got older and got my own home. I think my favorite because of the way they feed upside down is the Goldfinch when I bought those type feeders. It is such fun to watch them. But then, I always looked forward to the time of the year the Baltimore Orioles would appear and love their song. I always put oranges on the feeder directly outside my kitchen window. That feeder was close enough to the window that I could open it up and reach out to put the oranges on without going outside. They would fly and land there and eat the oranges and sit and sing loudly and wouldn't be afraid of me moving around directly in front of the window. They are such beautiful birds with that bright orange color against that striking black.

Sara said...

My favorite bird is the cardinal. They are pretty shy and not too plentiful where we live. But we do see them at our feeders occasionally and hear them calling from the trees frequently.

VickiT said...

I am already a follower of yours on Bloglovin' and also via email.

Sara said...

I've followed you for quite awhile via Bloglovin.

Patti said...

My favorite is for sure the robin, after a long Wis. winter it is always good to see one.

fabricstasher24@gmail.com said...

I like the Robin. Traditionally seen on Christmas cards it's red breast gives the impression that it has a little fire inside keeping it warm!
fabricstasher24@gmail.com

Patti said...

I am signing up to follow you on bloglovin. Love the colors of your star.

KaHolly said...

Boy, that's a tough question, Mary. I'm a birder and have lots of favorites. Of all the birds that nest on my property and bring me great joy, I'd have to say the Yellow Warbler. Great block and super tune, by the way!

krazycat6@gmail.com said...

I love watching the birds feed, build nests and raise their young. One of my favorites is the robin. Thanks.

Gill said...

Fabulous!
I like wrens!

Gill said...

Bloglovin follower

Kathy Davis said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric by email as kdavis1@centurytel.net

Kathy Davis said...

I follow Benartex, Inc on FB as Kathy Newsom Davis.
kdavis1@centurytel.net

Katy M said...

I'm following Sew in Love with Fabric with bloglovin :) x

Chiska said...

I follow Sew In Love by e-mail. Love you block!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric blog with email updates. kthurn@bektel.com

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I am a follower of Bernatex on FB. kthurn@bektel.com

Anonymous said...

I already follow the Benartex blog.

senstrings at yahoo dot com

Rosa said...

Cardinals are my favorite.I follow Sew in Love with Fabric blog by email.

Rosa said...

Gorgeous block and fabrics.I like Bernatex on FB.

mlhummy said...

I follow Sew in Love on bloglovin. :) Thanks for the chance to win this great bundle. I really like the look of texture!

mlhummy said...

I follow Benartex on FB :)

Janarama said...

I follow Benartex via Google Friends Connect. You didn't ask, but I follow you via GFC and BlogLovin. Have to cover all bases. ;)

I must be missing something because I don't see in your post anything about asking what my favorite bird is. LOL Wouldn't be the first time I missed something. Anyway, my favorite bird is the Blue Jay.

Janarama said...

I follow Benartex on FB. Loving your block!

Anonymous said...

I follow Sew in Love by email

Anonymous said...

and i follow bernatex on FB

dquilterguy said...

I follow Benartex on FB.. cool block by the way..

Vicki H said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric blog with email and GFC.

Vicki H said...

I follow the Benartex facebook page.

Laura Ferdal said...

I follow via blog reader.
Thanks!!
merryorganic@ gmail dot com

Lisa England said...

I follow the Benartex blog by email and GFC.

sisylyn2 said...

I really like your block and I plan to try and make one Thank you for the tutorials.
Nancy Hilderbrand
gandn74@ymail.com

scottylover said...

I already follow their blog through BlogLovin!

Sandy A

scottylover said...

I like them on Facebook, too!

Sandy A

Jessica said...

Following Sew in Love with Fabric via Bloglovin.

Jessica said...

Following them on FB too.

Kathy E. said...

I have been a follower of Sew In Love with Fabric on Bloglovin' and enjoy the posts!

dquilterguy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dquilterguy said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabrics on bloglovin

Jinger said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric on Bloglovin'

Jinger said...

I follow Bernatex on FB.

Unknown said...

Hi - I am following Sew in Love's blog via email. Thank you pegandky@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi - I am loving these new fabrics. Such great colors. I am following Benartex via Facebook. Thank you, Peggy pegandky@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am a follower of Sew In Love With Fabric. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

MaryBeth said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric via email.

MaryBeth said...

I follow Benartex on Facebook.

Shawna said...

I follow benartex blog via email, am a Facebook follower, and get the Mr b's preview packs
Cute block.

Tinliz said...

I follow Benartex on FB
jitney41 atgmaildotcom.

Tinliz said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric via email.
jitney41 atgmaildotcom

I checked out your tutorial on binding. Plan on giving that a try.

fabricstasher24@gmail.com said...

I follow Sew in Love via (a different) email.
fabricstasher24@gmail.com

Jeneta said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric via email.

Jeneta said...

I follow Benartex on FB.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

I follow the blog via Bloglovin'.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

I also have liked their Facebook page.

charlotte said...

I already follow Sew in Love with Fabric on Bloglovin'.

charlotte said...

I liked Benartex on Facebook.

Dorian said...

Nice star block! I follow Sew in Love on my blog reader. Thanks for the giveaway.

Anita said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric by email.

Annmarie said...

Love your block. Love the fabrics. I follow Sew in Love with Fabric through Bloglovin.

Cher said...

just left a comment at both places you said to, bernartex facebook and sew in love (with fabric) I have made this block long ago, but who could resist it again in those bright colors!?? thanks for hosting this

tktl said...

I follow their blog (and yours) by email.

t_ktl at yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not having the embedded box so I couldn't comment! I love your block. Those colors are REALLY bright. This is just a regular comment, because I didn't sign up to follow anyone, just wanted to let you know I loved your block.

cjmont said...

i follow bernartex on facebook.

cjmont said...

i follow bernartex with blog lovin'.

DebraKay Neiman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DebraKay Neiman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DebraKay Neiman said...

I follow Benartex on facebook. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

DebraKay Neiman said...

I follow Sew In Love with Fabric on Bloglovin. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Lori said...

I follow Benartex on FB

Lori said...

I follow on blogger

legato1958 said...

I follow Sew In Love by email.
Susie

Brandy said...

I am following them via Bloglovin'. I also wanted to tell you, I love that Fancy Fox quilt, the glasses are a hoot!
~Brandy
brandizzle7133 at gmail dot com

Brenda said...

First, I love your block and your work in general. I follow your blog on BlogLovin.

Brenda said...

I also follow Benartex's Sew in Love with Fabric via BlogLovin'.

Brenda said...

And I already follow Benartex on FB.

Brenda said...

And I already follow Benartex on FB.

Sally said...

I follow Sew in Love via email

Sally said...

I follow Benartex on Facebook

Kathleen said...

I already follow Sew in Love with Fabric. Your block is so crisp and pretty in these colorful fabrics. Thank you for sharing.

Dody said...

I follow sew in love with fabric by email. I havent done a block with all solids. But I'm really liking yours.

Dody said...

I follow benartex on Facebook..

vicki said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric by email. vickise at gmail com

vicki said...

I liked Benartex on Facebook. Thanks for the giveaway and the great block, it is very pretty. vickise at gmail dot com

Deb said...

I signed up to follow Sew in Love by email. I also follow you via email.

Beth said...

I follow Benartex via email: wordygirl at earthlink dot net.

Great use of these fabrics in your block: the contrast really shows them off nicely.

Kath said...

I am following Sew in Love with Fabric via Bloglovin.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi Mary
I follow you on google reader, and get your email updates.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I would love to win a stack 0' fabric. I follow benartex on FB
and get the Sewinlovewithfabric newsletter in my email

Mary Ann said...

I am a follower of Sew in Love with Fabric by email.

erin mcsweeney said...

i follow Sew in Love with Fabric by email

erin2470@hotmail.com

erin mcsweeney said...

i'm following Benartex on Facebook

erin2470@hotmail.com

Margaret said...

I am a follower of Sew in Love with Fabric and love it

Margaret said...

I follow Benartex on Facebook

Emily C said...

I follow Sew In Love With Fabric by email and bloglovin.

Emily C said...

I follow Benartex on facebook.

Anonymous said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric by email. -- soparkaveataoldotcom

Anonymous said...

I follow Benartex on Facebook. -- soparkaveataoldotcom

Snoodles said...

What a great block! Love the colors!

Snoodles said...

I follow the Benartext blog! Thanks for the chance to win!

Farm Quilter said...

I follow Sew in Love {with Fabric} on her blog.

Farm Quilter said...

Farm Quilter (me) follower Benartex on FB.

Rose Santuci-Sofranko said...

I am following them on Blogloving as Rose Santuci-Sofranko. Thanks and God bless! ILuvTheEucharist @ aol.com

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

I follow their blog with Feedly. Thanks for the chance to win! mto2golsen (at) gmail (dot) com

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

I follow Benartex on Facebook.

Barb in Mi said...

I follow their blog by email. Great star in a star block in primary colors!

Unknown said...

I found you because of their email! I'm a big fan of the rainbow colours. The texture of these burlap fabrics looks really interesting.

judybarr at iearn dot org dot au

claire ross said...

I follow sew in love with fabric on blog lovin
Iain.ross30 at gmail dot com

MaryBeth said...

I just love that star!! I follow Benartex via bloglovin' and on Facebook.

Linda said...

I'm following sew in love by email loudog 91301 @ aol dot com

Linda said...

My favorite bird is the cardinal.

Linda said...

Following on Facebook also

Jacklynn Grimm said...

I receive Sew in Love with Fabric's newsletter via e-mail.
jacklynnsteven at netzero dot com

Jacklynn Grimm said...

I follow Benartex on Facebook.
jacklynnsteven at netzero dot com

Jennifer said...

I follow Benartex on FB. Love your bright block!

Jennifer said...

I follow Sew In Love via bloglovin'

MissPat said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric by email.

Peggy said...

I liked Benartex on FB.
Thanks,
Peggy
peggy_verdongibbs@att.net

Peggy said...

I follow Sew in Love with Fabric on Bloglovin.
Thanks,
Peggy
peggy_verdongibbs@att.net

sophie said...

I follow the Sew in Love with Fabric blog with Feedly.

sophie said...

I follow Bernatex on Facebook.

Unknown said...

I follow SILWF on bloglovin.
Renragjdatgmaildotcom

Robyn said...

I follow sew in love on bloglovin

rtgandy at gmail

Robyn said...

I follow Bernatex on Facebook

rtgandy at gmail

Karen said...

I follow the Sew in Love blog via Bloglovin'.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 203   Newer› Newest»